Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-28-2007, 04:33 PM   #11
patty_o_furniture
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Sleeping through the night?

DD1: 7-8 months-ish
DD2: 9 months now and still getting up AT LEAST 5 times a night (she doesn't nurse at night)

Advertisement

patty_o_furniture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:41 PM   #12
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS1 - 8.5mo, had to teach him how to fall asleep without nursing
DS2 - 8wks, if he was in his own bed
DS3 - 16mo, not until we moved his crib into his brothers' room
DD - still working on it at 14mo..
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 05:02 PM   #13
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ds1 was *3* *WEEKS*. Ds2 is 19 months and nowhere near sleeping through the night. He doesn't even wake up to eat..he just wakes up.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:01 PM   #14
Noniegrace
Registered Users
seller

DD was really early...6 weeks maybe? DS still doesn't, he wants to nurse ALL NIGHT LONG (all night, all night, all night long!) Usually I can just latch him on and go back to sleep but the last few nights he has been fussy. I am tired! I bet you are too.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:32 AM   #15
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:

With DD it was from 6 mo. on. She only woke up when either a) sick or b) teething.
Now with DS it's a completely different story *sigh* He's sleeping 12hrs through on and off since he's ~9 mo. old, but since he was pretty much teething nonstop from 4 mo. til he was 18 mo., in total I might have had 3 weeks worth of completely undisturbed sleep! The rest he'd wake up either shortly after we put him down to sleep or in the middle of the night!
He's now 20 mo. old and still has nights where he's waking up at 5am; which is when I then give him a bottle w/milk and he goes back to sleep til 7am.
Both of my kids were/are on a schedule (after following their cues) with naps and bed time etc. and yet they're both so different.
The only thing I'm thankful for is that DS won't make a fuss when putting him down. He knows nap- and bedtime is for sleeping and is very willing, telling me even 'night night' as soon as I put him down
I always envied those moms who had babies who'd sleep through the night from early on.. I can only hope that DS will eventually do so aswell.

mama
Old 03-29-2007, 08:33 AM   #16
MamaMegan
Banned
seller

DS slept through the night for the first time at 2 years and 9 months. Yes, almost 3 years old. DD wakes twice a night now at days shy of a year.
MamaMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 08:39 AM   #17
Lisa-Rachelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You know, "sleeping through the night" is actually only defined as sleeping for a 5 hour stretch. I didn't know that!

Also, MOST babies still wake at least once up until they are even over a year old!

Our culture puts too much emphasis on the importance of a baby sleeping ALL NIGHT LONG without waking. What we fail to take into consideration is that teething, growth spurts and developmental accelerations (when they are learning to sit up, crawl, walk, talk etc) interrupt long periods of blissful slumber.

DD is 8 months; and ONLY RECENTLY has been sleeping about 8+ hours without waking. But I only figured out how to make her do that by putting her in her own bed. When she sleeps with me, she wakes up ALL night long wanting to nurse. I think the temptation to eat is too strong when I'm RIGHT there, kwim?

Have you read "The No Cry Sleep Solution" ? Pretty good book! Some of the techniques worked for us, others not so much. But it might be something to look into.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:51 AM   #18
mississippimommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonnabelle View Post
How old were your DC when they started sleeping through the night? D will be 8 months on the 13th () and he's only slept through the night 4 or 5 times. I've tried sleeping with him, putting him in the pack and play in our room, putting him in his room in the crib, and "tanking" him up on food before bed. He wakes up every night, at the same time. I'm starting to dread 0200. Were I a SAHM, it wouldn't be a big deal....but I have to get up by 0530 most days. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!
My dd is 11 months old and never has!!! She actually still wakes 3 or 4 times a night!!!
mississippimommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:14 AM   #19
benjason
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyG View Post
dont read if you dont wanna bulg your eyes LOL
2.5 YEARS OLD!
once i quit BF thru the night he quit waking up
yeah it took awhile but there is hope
My DS was completely weaned at 3 years before he slept through the night. I recently read that it's very common for kids not to sleep through the night until 2-3 years. I don't know what to tell you to help but it will eventually happen.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:38 AM   #20
Ashling
Registered Users
Formerly: mamastone
seller

My Mood:

My son is 31 months old, and still has night wakings. Sometimes he sleeps all night but mostly he wakes up screaming his head off, gets out of his bed and goes everywhere looking for SO or I EXCEPT our bedroom. Normally one of us has to go get him and bring him to our bed. (So usually, as I typically have a nursling attached to my breast all night :P)
It's totally normal for children to night wake, even after they stop having night feedings.

(When we 100% co-slept with him, he started staying asleep until morning once he weaned at about 23 months.)