Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-10-2011, 08:55 PM   #1
Kayla1981
Registered Users
seller

Rumparooz elastic shot :(

I've had my red Rumparooz pocket for about 6 months and today I noticed it wasn't fitting right. When I took it off I realized the right side elastic is completely shot. Why does this happen all of a sudden? What can I do? I LOVE this diaper and I use it a lot!

Help.

Advertisement

Old 05-10-2011, 10:13 PM   #2
hpfgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Rumparooz elastic shot :(

You can have someone fix it for you. There's a mama on here who does it, or you can search for a tutorial. I think pocket dipes are really easy to fix.

3T/4T Trainers, and Toddler AIOs for sale.
hpfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:32 PM   #3
Kayla1981
Registered Users
seller

I wonder how much it costs. I really hate to not be able to use the diaper anymore.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:40 PM   #4
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am not very crafty with any type of sewing and I have fixed two leg elastics in different diapers now. It is really easy to do mama.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:49 PM   #5
Kayla1981
Registered Users
seller

I don't even own a sewing machine. I can sew on a button and that's as good as it gets!
Old 05-10-2011, 11:12 PM   #6
hpfgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Check the wahmwares thread for heathersot (I think). It might not be worth it once you pay shipping both ways. Just get another one on fsot and give your shot one away FFS.

3T/4T Trainers, and Toddler AIOs for sale.
hpfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:55 PM   #7
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayla1981 View Post
I don't even own a sewing machine. I can sew on a button and that's as good as it gets!
I just used a needle and thread mama. I cut a small slip at the top where the elastic starts on both ends and cut a 4" peice of "1/4 elastic that I got at walmart. I then sewed the one end ontop the stump of the old elastic and then attached a safety pin to the other end and pushed it through the hole and sewed it on the other end then sewed up the slits
Old 05-11-2011, 02:04 AM   #8
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saharan View Post
I just used a needle and thread mama. I cut a small slip at the top where the elastic starts on both ends and cut a 4" peice of "1/4 elastic that I got at walmart. I then sewed the one end ontop the stump of the old elastic and then attached a safety pin to the other end and pushed it through the hole and sewed it on the other end then sewed up the slits
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:13 AM   #9
Kayla1981
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saharan View Post
I didn't realize it would be so simple. Thanks so much! I think I will at least attempt to fix it then. It certainly cannot hurt at this point.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:05 PM   #10
EcoKate
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks for this post and the idea to fix it myself!

I had some spare elastic that came with one of my son's Fuzzibunz diapers. As I was working on replacing the elastic in the Rumparooz, I realized it'd be a good idea to attach the elastic the same way it is attached on the Fuzzibunz diapers, by sewing on 4 buttons and buttoning the elastic where there are slats to do so. Then I just cut small openings and slipped any extra elastic into them, just as is done on the Fuzzibunz. I hope this will make it easier if I need to replace elastic in the future, and that it will also make the Rumparooz a bit more versatile as far as its fit goes.

Whether or not you attach buttons when repairing the Rumparooz elastic, I'd suggest using a small crochet hook if you have one, to pull the elastic through the openings. A crochet hook was very helpful in getting the elastic through quickly and efficiently.

HTH anyone who comes across this thread!
EcoKate is offline   Reply With Quote