Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-11-2011, 06:58 PM   #11
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

In a dodge the seatbelt locks at the latch plate. It just wasn't tight enough. Unless its older than 1996.

Sent from my EVO using DS Forum

Advertisement

jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:18 AM   #12
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Transport vehicle ISSUE!!! :(

I agree with some pp here...there are a lot of cars were the seatbelts in the back don't lock when pulled all the way out, but they do lock when the brakes are applied like in a wreck or something so here's hoping that's the case. I like the idea of of buying the locking things...whatever they are. I'd also send them in one of the carseats I had...sorry you're even having to worry about this mama!
cowangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:31 PM   #13
WynneBabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If it is in the 2000s, the seatbelts should lock just fine. I believe the PP is right and only applies to cars 1996 or older. We talked about this for quite awhile in our car seat training class.

I can't say absolutely that this wouldn't happen in my county, but they seem to take car seat safety very seriously so I can't see anything too obviously wrong happening. The smoking thing I just can not see happening though.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:59 AM   #14
LoveMultiplies
Registered Users

This is a bit of an issue here too. I love the homemaker who transports,but I've had to gently teach her about car seat safety. She uses her own car to transport,and it is nice and safe. However,she didn't know that he should be rear facing for a loooong time. We always send his infant carrier,and there is only one way to install that. But I do worry about if she is getting the seatbelt on tight enough and a couple times he came home and the harness was too loose. I think I am going to buy him a new seat for her car and show her how to install it in her car. I'm surprised that they aren't better trained for this. I did that job many years ago for a different agency and they had periodic trainings for car seat use.
LoveMultiplies is offline   Reply With Quote