Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-11-2011, 10:22 PM   #1
Registered Users
Perfect diaper/mom-on-the-go bag?

My sis-in-law just asked me today to make her a perfect sort of "mom-on-the-go" bag and I'm looking for suggestions! If I can come up with something really great I'd love to look into selling them as well. Here's a few questions...

What features do you love in a bag?
Is there anything you really hate about bags you've had before?
Straps? Handles? Both?

I'd really love your ideas and input. Thanks!

domesticreformation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:33 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Perfect diaper/mom-on-the-go bag?

I love a messenger bag style most of the time cause I hate it when the bag falls off my shoulders, but I do like a shoulder bag when I've got one of the kids in the carrier. So, an adjustable strap length is always a good idea on a diaper bag.
jwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:02 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

I'm a babywearing mama so almost everything falls off the shoulder or crossbody cuts into baby so I have a fanny pack not so attractive and I have to swivel it back and forth but if it was designed to fit on your hip it might not have to swivel to be used it would be really handy!!!!
Sarah Butcher
sarahwinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:59 AM   #4
Registered Users

I tend to prefer messenger bags, too. I usually have one kiddo on my hip and one holding my hand, so I can't adjust something falling off my shoulder easily. My skip hop diaper bag has hooks that hook onto the stroller handles, and that's pretty much the best thing ever.

I personally love lots of compartments in my bags, it's too easy for me to lose all my stuff with one big compartment.

Another thought - I bought relatively gender neutral bags with both of my boys because I thought my husband would carry it pretty often, and I knew I was having boys. I'm now drawn to really pretty fabrics for diaper bags and think my husband wouldn't mind carrying a more "girly" bag. I think it's so easy to feel schlumpy postpartum, so it's nice to carry a really pretty diaper bag, at least.
Jen :: Mom to Jude (11/08) and Cohen (08/10)!

WAHM behind Serwa Chic:Cloth Diapers, Nursing Covers, Wetbags & Long Sleeve Bibs!My Family Blog: Jenny.erally
judeabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:15 PM   #5
Registered Users

Definitely one thicker strap to put over my shoulder. I can't stand purses and bags with two straps because the outer strap always slips off.

Inner and outer pockets, easy to reach into, no elastic on the tops of the pockets.
Maria, wife to David and stay-at-home-mama to four children.
mariamommy is offline   Reply With Quote