Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-12-2011, 08:40 PM   #11
gbabies2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: bumGenius Elemental or TotBots Easy Fit AIO's?

Everyone talks about the great fit . . . we just bought some so cannot wait to see how it works for us

Advertisement

gbabies2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:45 PM   #12
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:

i didn't know the tbef had micro in them? hmm.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:00 PM   #13
gbabies2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeuhhh View Post
i didn't know the tbef had micro in them? hmm.
I feel like it is a different kind of MF, or at least a different weight than let's say a pocket insert. The MF in TBEF(if that's what it really is) does not bother me.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:03 PM   #14
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love both but DS has outgrown the rise in his BGE the tbef still fit great on the biggest rise setting. I found that the BGE had really gentle elastic and held a ton but took a long time to dry and did not have prints that I like. The TBEF leave a bit of red marks but not too bad, they don't hold as much as a BGE IMO I need a booster if going out in them, but they dry super fast and have adorable prints. I have 2 stars and one cosmic
Old 05-12-2011, 09:11 PM   #15
DrusL8y
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh that great mf vs org debate! I have kids that stay in the 95th to 100th percentile and I just had to give up on trying to stay all organic. Fit, to us, is most important. If the diaper doesn't fit well, it doesn't matter if it holds pee or not. Before we got our Tots Bots, we loved the BGEs. Now the elastic is getting loose and we have holes in every single one. We always put a fleece liner on top so rashes aren't an issue. Also, BG runs shorter in the rise than some of the other brands out there. So DD is the only one who can wear them. So I picked up some Tots Bots to see what everyone was raving about and oh.my.word. Love them! We reach for those now more than the BGEs! They are washing up well without showing wear, we don't get horrible staining like with organics, and the fit is amazing! Both of the kids can fit them too! I like that we can add more to the pocket and you can't do that with the BGEs. They are just as trim under clothing, the aplix is on point, and the colors are light-years better! I would like for Bummis to make the fabric on the waist taller because depending on how DD sits, her tummy will rub the aplix. But that's not a dealbreaker. All in all, if you're looking for a stash that will last, go with Tots Bots. I would've been mad to invest in BGEs for them to get all tatty and not even fit to potty-learning on the kids. They are great bare bones diapers though in a pinch.

FWIW, I've started doing a rinse with low spin first, then my washer's highest water level setting (silk/delicate) cold water and no spin. For my main wash I do a bulky bedding cycle on warm/warm followed by a bulky bedding cycle hot water, high spin. Lastly, I do a final quick rinse high spin. No stinkies! I use the amount of detergent suggested by Ragababe and upped my rinses. My cds have never. ever. smelled cleaner! So don't let microfiber intimidate you too much!
DrusL8y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:20 PM   #16
gbabies2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you for this post, this is very helpful! I am so leaning towards adding a few more TBEF at this point Maybe I need at least one in every color!!
Old 05-12-2011, 09:22 PM   #17
Littleredwhimsy
Registered Users
seller

I love both. I only have one TBEF but it seems to work great and is oh, so, cute. I am kind of in love with my BGEs, although a couple of mine have some holes but it doesn't effect the function and fit for me. I love how soft each of them are. Unfortunately our water is very hard, so I try not to use too much MF or I would probably buy more tots.

Get great deals on diapers and other items through Mamasource

Will trade gnomes for diapers: www.littleredwhimsy.etsy.com
Littleredwhimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:28 PM   #18
gbabies2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For those of you who have had issues with your BGE's, I am curious, how long have you used them? We had some before and never had any issues and now just recently bought a few more. We always liked them but just am unsure if we will like them more than the TBEF.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:32 PM   #19
momof2littles
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbabies2 View Post
I feel like it is a different kind of MF, or at least a different weight than let's say a pocket insert. The MF in TBEF(if that's what it really is) does not bother me.
It's not as sticky or something...I know what you mean. Bummis has awesome cs and tbef are my DH favorite so I'm keeping the 6 I have. Love the aplix and fit too. DS does have compression leaks (i think) if he's not changed soon enough.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:34 PM   #20
ggill
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I really like the tot bots, I dont think the MF is different its just topped with bamboo and then its very thin and long so I think it washed well. I like the totbots better, but think the BGEs are trimmer.

And one en-route via the red thread
http://speelmanhome.wordpress.com/
ggill is offline   Reply With Quote