Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-12-2011, 09:34 PM   #21
gbabies2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: bumGenius Elemental or TotBots Easy Fit AIO's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2littles View Post
It's not as sticky or something...I know what you mean. Bummis has awesome cs and tbef are my DH favorite so I'm keeping the 6 I have. Love the aplix and fit too. DS does have compression leaks (i think) if he's not changed soon enough.
Yes, it is softer. Almost like it is woven with some other type of fabric. Not sure what it is but I like it - difficult for me to even call it MF. How long is your LO in the diaper when you have compression leaks? Is this with or without a doubler? Thanks for sharing

Advertisement

gbabies2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:40 PM   #22
momof2littles
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeuhhh View Post
i didn't know the tbef had micro in them? hmm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbabies2 View Post
I feel like it is a different kind of MF, or at least a different weight than let's say a pocket insert. The MF in TBEF(if that's what it really is) does not bother me.
From Bummis website: http://www.bummis.com/us/en/easy-fit.php?adr=1
"The liner consists of 2 layers. One layer of ultra soft rayon from bamboo against baby’s tender skin, which absorbs 70% more quickly than cotton (on contact), which prevents run-off leaking out the side of the diaper when baby pees! The second layer is made of an ultra-absorbent 100% polyester microfibre that basically doubles the absorbance of the diaper. The Easy Fit also has protective side guards made of anti-wicking, soft brushed polyester that prevent compression wetness. This is a diaper engineered for successful leak containment and total convenience! People who use this diaper adore its trim fit, as well as the generously sized Velcro-type closures and fold-back laundry tabs that really stick."

I had one tbef come to me with a sewing defect. The bamboo and the MF were coming unsewn from each other. The bamboo is twice as thin as the MF. It's just a tiny piece of bamboo. I was pretty surprised.

Quote:
How long is your LO in the diaper when you have compression leaks? Is this with or without a doubler? Thanks for sharing
No doubler. I feel like it's too bulky with a doubler. It's usually right around 2.5-3 hours if he leaks.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:43 PM   #23
gbabies2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2littles View Post
From Bummis website: http://www.bummis.com/us/en/easy-fit.php?adr=1
"The liner consists of 2 layers. One layer of ultra soft rayon from bamboo against baby’s tender skin, which absorbs 70% more quickly than cotton (on contact), which prevents run-off leaking out the side of the diaper when baby pees! The second layer is made of an ultra-absorbent 100% polyester microfibre that basically doubles the absorbance of the diaper. The Easy Fit also has protective side guards made of anti-wicking, soft brushed polyester that prevent compression wetness. This is a diaper engineered for successful leak containment and total convenience! People who use this diaper adore its trim fit, as well as the generously sized Velcro-type closures and fold-back laundry tabs that really stick."

I had one tbef come to me with a sewing defect. The bamboo and the MF were coming unsewn from each other. The bamboo is twice as thin as the MF. It's just a tiny piece of bamboo. I was pretty surprised.

No doubler. I feel like it's too bulky with a doubler. It's usually right around 2.5-3 hours if he leaks.
Thank you, this is very helpful!
Old 05-22-2011, 04:33 PM   #24
gbabies2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So far it seems a few more people might say TBEF but still like their BGE's. Anyone else?
Old 05-22-2011, 04:36 PM   #25
gbabies2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Do you mind my asking, how much does your LO weigh? You mentioned that you have a size Large in the AIO. Do you think your LO could also fit in a Medium?
Old 05-22-2011, 06:46 PM   #26
hampyfew
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I really like TB. I agree with PP about the velcro strip being a little lower on the diaper. The PUL they use is amazing! And the velcro is super strong (unlike BG in my experience). DS *could* squeeze into the medium rise still, but he'll get the occasional welt, so I leave them totally unsnapped. He's quite tall (95%ile) and about 25 lbs at 15.5 months. I don't see these fitting him for another 10lbs.

Last edited by hampyfew; 05-28-2011 at 04:45 PM.
hampyfew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 03:00 PM   #27
gbabies2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

They really are a nice diaper. We finally bought some TB and have been using them a bit. We have used BGE's before and found the TB actually fit our kiddos a bit longer than the BGE. Does not mean I like them more, just that they fit a bit longer for us
Old 05-28-2011, 04:25 PM   #28
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i like tots bots much better. the bge fit weird on the middle setting because of the way the sewn in soaker has to be folded down, and they leaked for my heavy wetter. i love aplix on a diaper (if its good) and it makes it very easy. tots bots have a better fit for us and they seem to be more absorbent. plus they have cute prints!
Old 05-28-2011, 04:30 PM   #29
gbabies2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree with you about aplix, I love it if the aplix is good (like TotBots) but dislike it if the aplix is substandard. Good to know you like the TotBots better. I think it is easier to get a better fit for various shapes and sizes with the TotBots. I do think though when you can get a good fit with the BGE (perhaps less often) it is a nice and absorbent diaper. Hmm, trying to decide whether to get more of which diaper . . . hmm, hmm, hmm.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:45 PM   #30
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I agree with you about aplix, I love it if the aplix is good (like TotBots) but dislike it if the aplix is substandard. Good to know you like the TotBots better. I think it is easier to get a better fit for various shapes and sizes with the TotBots. I do think though when you can get a good fit with the BGE (perhaps less often) it is a nice and absorbent diaper. Hmm, trying to decide whether to get more of which diaper . . . hmm, hmm, hmm.
lol, i hate having to make decisions! i want some new diapers too and dont know what to get. i just got 3 more tots bots so i have all the prints and colors i like. now i need something else! lol i would love for the bge to come in aplix though! i would buy more if they did!