Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-14-2011, 08:00 AM   #21
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: how much milk does your 2 yr old drink?

Well she's 3 now, but as a 2 year old she was still BF 1-2X a day, not sure how much she would get then but maybe 4oz of BM? And then maybe 2oz of almond/rice milk (was dairy allergic). So really not much at all. At 3 she now probably drinks 6-8oz per day of cow milk, plus she has yogurt and cheese if it is in the meals I am making. I have never been too worried about it though, I think milk is overrated as a healthy food!

Advertisement

Old 05-14-2011, 03:40 PM   #22
megenic
Registered Users
seller

Milk is actually terribly unhealthy, despite what the dairy people would like you to believe. Casein (the protein in milk) has been linked to cancer (see the research of Dr. T. Colin Campbell, especially the book The China Study) http://www.tcolincampbell.org/. Not to start a debate about milk vs no milk, but his research has been enough to convince me to drink NO milk. But I would say if you are going to drink milk that 24 oz is plenty. If a child is eating a healthy, varied diet, there is no need to supplement. Water is cheaper too...I can imagine all that milk must be expensive! :-P
Old 05-14-2011, 08:09 PM   #23
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Our ped, who we JUST saw for the two year visit, says 24oz is fine. Some days DD drinks maybe 10oz, other days it's 24oz. Sorry, I don't believe milk is "terribly unhealthy". I hate it, but DD likes it and is a picky, picky eater. She does drink water during the day, but wants milk during the day. 48oz seems excessive, but that is just my opinion. If your DD is healthy, then what's the issue? We all do things different, so if that works for you, more power to you.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:15 PM   #24
CWHmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

DS is 20 months and he drinks maybe 4oz a day, a few days a week. Other days he drinks none. He also nurses a few times and has water available at all times. Juice only when constipated or ill. My older kids are the same way, little to no cows milk. They just don't care for it.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:39 PM   #25
epiclesis
Registered Users
seller

I was unable to breastfeed successfully, so my baby had 1/4 breastmilk, 3/4 formula for 5 months, and for the last 4 months has been on 1/2 raw goat milk and 1/2 formula.
I plan on quitting formula about a year, and keeping him on raw goat milk - probably 10-16ish oz a day. I don't believe in excess amounts of milk a day for kids, and my husband doesn't believe in pasteurized or homogenized milk, OR cow milk, since goat milk is closer to human milk. We also don't believe in much juice, and he seems to have NO interest in it (1 part juice, 3 parts water), so I guess we may have a water-loving kid.
epiclesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:12 PM   #26
mpfanny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
DD is 21 months. She gets two cups a day of 3 oz BM and 1 oz whole milk. After I stop pumping, I don't really plan on serving milk regularly. Just other forms of dairy.
mpfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:28 PM   #27
Aleta
Registered Users
seller
seller

My 26mo old drinks 16-20oz a day and WIC and ped say that it should be no more than 10. Yeah right, she is a big big big milk drinker and will literally sit at the fridge and cry 'milky' just because she wants something to do. I've started giving her it in a little 5oz cup and she keeps it in the fridge, but I hear 'milky' or 'chocky milky' all.day.long - lol (and she RARELY gets chocky milky!)

like me on Facebook
Aleta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:01 PM   #28
jessica_m_b3
Registered Users
seller

Charlie drinks about 3 straw sippy cups of milk a day. But he also eats a wide variety of foods. I'd talk to her pediatrician and see if they recommend any supplements for her.
jessica_m_b3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:43 PM   #29
baby1577
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

My twins are 2.5. He asks for milk all day long, but I limit it to 3 glasses max. She, on the otherhand will drink one glass if I remind her it's there. Other than milk they only drink water, usually 6-9 glasses a day. I won't give my kids juice, just like I won't give them coke. Empty calories and crazy high sugar content aren't on the menu.
I am living the dream selling Plexus! Message me for info about a line of products that can help your family achieve overall wellness. Free shipping for all my DS mamas! Join my team today and find financial freedom! I have! http://shea7.myplexusproducts.com
baby1577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:16 PM   #30
aries416
Registered Users
seller

My dd won't drink milk. She was drinking some soy milk, but stopped that as soon as her brother was born and my milk came back. She's still nursing, so I don't worry about it. I offer her water all the time and she does love cheese. We don't eat meat and she won't touch yogurt.