Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-13-2011, 09:26 AM   #1
staceyroo77
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
A little anxious--Transverse baby.

So, I've had weekly u/s for almost 4 weeks, last Friday, and the previous two Fridays baby was head down. Starting last Saturday night, at 36+5, I started having contractions. I've been into OB triage a couple times, and my OB a couple of times. I've been checked and I'm still only at 1cm, thick and high. My OB yesterday when he checked me had a feeling that baby might be breech. He had an old u/s machine in the room, and decided to check, and found baby is transverse now, with her head on the right side. So, I just found out yesterday baby had flipped. My OB said if I went into labor w/ baby transverse I'd have to have a c-section. There wasn't much other discussion, but I have a BPP at MFM today b/c I have GD. He wanted me to go to my MFM appointment today for my diabetic f/u and BPP, and NST. He told me to have them call him after my appointment. I'm thinking he just wants to see what happens at my appointment today before making any decisions.

I've been trying the suggestions on Spinning Babies, but I only started last night, so we'll see if they help. I'm worried about what will happen if they don't. I'm not sure if I could see a chiro, or if I would have time for that to work before I went into labor. I'll be 38 weeks on Monday. The furthest I've gone is 38+2. My OB didn't even mention an external version. I'd much rather try that if it would be safe for baby over going straight to a c-section. I don't even know if he does them or not, I forgot to ask until after I left. Anyway, thanks for reading, I'm just feeling worried!

Advertisement

Old 05-13-2011, 09:34 AM   #2
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Re: A little anxious--Transverse baby.

we used a bag of frozen peas on the outside of my tummy, positioned on the baby's back to get her to move from a transverse lie to LOA. We just moved the peas across my belly as she moved until she was where we wanted her. She stayed that way until delivery. Sounds crazy, but it's easy, cheap, and it works sometimes!
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:37 AM   #3
CASMama711
Registered Users
Formerly: chmom77
seller

mama! I think you should call and ask about a version. Keep in mind, though, that everything else has to be pretty much "perfect" to qualify for a version. If you have had any previous surgery on your uterus (c-section, endometriosis, etc.) you won't qualify to even attempt it. If you end up having a c-section it will be ok!
Old 05-13-2011, 09:40 AM   #4
staceyroo77
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
we used a bag of frozen peas on the outside of my tummy, positioned on the baby's back to get her to move from a transverse lie to LOA. We just moved the peas across my belly as she moved until she was where we wanted her. She stayed that way until delivery. Sounds crazy, but it's easy, cheap, and it works sometimes!
I've been trying that, and I will keep trying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmom77 View Post
mama! I think you should call and ask about a version. Keep in mind, though, that everything else has to be pretty much "perfect" to qualify for a version. If you have had any previous surgery on your uterus (c-section, endometriosis, etc.) you won't qualify to even attempt it. If you end up having a c-section it will be ok!
Well, that's good to know, I have endometriois, so of course I had a laparoscopy and D&C to diagnose it, it's been about 8 yrs, I think.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:08 AM   #5
MamaCoffee
Registered Users
Formerly: babydazedesigns

When I had a (unsuccessful) version with my first, my OB said that they don't typically do them past 38 wks, due to lack of room. So, if you want one, you may want to call and talk to them today to at least see if it is an option.

I do have to say though, that a chiropractor using the webster technique has on average of a 95% success rate after 1-2 visits. And, if the chiropractor's office knows how far along you are, they will most likely work with you to get you in ASAP. It may be worth a call.

Good luck momma!!
Old 05-13-2011, 11:13 AM   #6
doubleddog
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My YDD flipped to transverse at 39 weeks and scared the crap out of me. I had a lot of the same thoughts as you...way scarier than a breech baby IMO. What helped me was getting a chiropractic adjustment. One hip was higher than the other and my pelvis was tilting the wrong direction, so there was no cup shape for baby's head to settle into. She clicked into position right after the appt and my labor started that night.
Babywearing, CDing SAHM. I love my DH and my 3 sweet girls, looking forward to meeting team green baby #4 April 2013.
doubleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:31 AM   #7
staceyroo77
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just might have to look into a chiropractor then, but I'm not even sure where to start. I did try to get a referral for one my insurance would cover but my PCP wouldn't give me a referral. He didn't think seeing a chiropractor during pregnancy was a good idea. My back and hips are driving me crazy!
Old 05-13-2011, 11:37 AM   #8
doubleddog
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyroo77 View Post
I just might have to look into a chiropractor then, but I'm not even sure where to start. I did try to get a referral for one my insurance would cover but my PCP wouldn't give me a referral. He didn't think seeing a chiropractor during pregnancy was a good idea. My back and hips are driving me crazy!
You shouldn't need a referral. Just call the chiro's office and make sure they are trained in the webster technique. The should be able to fit you in. Some chiros even take walk-ins.

Your Dr. is right...if it's a chiro who's not trained to treat pregnant women. Some areand some aren't. Best way to find out is by calling.
Babywearing, CDing SAHM. I love my DH and my 3 sweet girls, looking forward to meeting team green baby #4 April 2013.

Last edited by doubleddog; 05-13-2011 at 11:40 AM.
doubleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:48 AM   #9
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

oh wow. Why did your doc think a chiro was bad idea?

Seeing a chiro during my pregnancy was the best thing I ever did. I've had 3 pregnancies and the only one that was comfortable all the way to the end was the one in which I used regular chiro care.

I suspect I have SPD, and at the end of my pregnancy, I could still put on my own socks and shoes, shave my legs, roll over in bed, and get up and down from a chair easily with regular chiro care... and that is really saying a lot if you are familiar with SPD.

Now, I can't even imagine how I endured pregnancy without seeing a chiro regularly.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:27 PM   #10
badhayrday
Life is Good
seller
seller

My Mood:

Where I live we don't need a referral to see a chiro and most insurances will still cover it. I would FOR SURE call every on in the phone book until I found one that would see you ASAP. I love my chiro and am convinced he can work miracles...lol.

I also have a friend who did the bag of peas trick too and it worked. Go to the chiro and get adjsted and then go straight home and slap a bag of peas on your belly...lol