Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-13-2011, 09:43 AM   #1
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How many C/S have you had?

So, please no flack here...I'm expecting #4 and it will be my 4th C/S. We'd like to have at least 6 kids (maybe more). That being said I know at this point they will all be C/S and I know every person is different and it depends on what your dr.'s say is okay, etc., etc. My dr. says if God gives us a baby, he'll find a way to get the baby out. So, far we've been blessed and never had any complications with any of my C/S and he's given us the go ahead to have more kids and said everything looks great during the surgery.

So, my question for you is...

How many C/S have you had?

I've heard of up to 6 at my dr.'s practice and he always has a second OB in the room at C/S #4 and beyond 'just in case'.

Thanks for sharing...

Advertisement

cowangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:08 AM   #2
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
No flack from me. I have had 2 and another is set for November. It really isn't my choice since my ODS was born in Germany & my ob refused to document the direction he cut my uterus. I tried for months to get it documented but I only got blown off. No doctor in my area will allow a vbac now. I am terrified because I have hemmoraghed both times and the last was esp bad. I had transfusions & nearly died. Fingers crossed this time is smoother than the last. Hope yours goes easily.
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:02 PM   #3
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How many C/S have you had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickshep19 View Post
No flack from me. I have had 2 and another is set for November. It really isn't my choice since my ODS was born in Germany & my ob refused to document the direction he cut my uterus. I tried for months to get it documented but I only got blown off. No doctor in my area will allow a vbac now. I am terrified because I have hemmoraghed both times and the last was esp bad. I had transfusions & nearly died. Fingers crossed this time is smoother than the last. Hope yours goes easily.
Thanks mama and GL to you...hope this one goes better for you!
cowangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:12 PM   #4
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

I haven't had any, but we have a good family friend who had 5 kids and all of them were born c/s. I believe the oldest was about 10 when the youngest was born, so that is an average of a little less than 2.5 years between each one.

It sounds like you have a really good and caring OB, so I'd trust that you are in good hands.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:36 PM   #5
aries416
Registered Users
seller

I've had 2 and will for sure have 1 more when we have a third. I'm undecided about a 4th, DH says no.

Surgery scares me a little, so I think I will stick with 3. I think this is such an individual thing. It has to be what your doc is okay with and what YOU are okay at facing in terms of risks. I don't think there's a cut and dry answer.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:20 PM   #6
adavieau
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have not had any either but I nannied for a family where the mother had four (all vertical cuts too) and her doc was ok with them having more if they wanted. I'm glad you have a supportive ob!
adavieau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:47 PM   #7
apurkeyp
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have had 2 and 1 vaginal delivery (my first). If we ever have a fourth, I will have a C-section. Best of luck to you!
apurkeyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:01 PM   #8
homeschoolingmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm also expecting #4, which will be my 4th c-section. My previous OB (left to teach full time) said we could have as many c-sections as we wanted. He did my 2nd and 3rd and when we discussed it, I was hoping for a vbac with #3, but it didn't work out that way.
This dr (who is a partner of my previous dr) is very cautious and has been upfront about the risks, but says that we can have as many c-sections as my body will allow. I asked him to let us know after the c-section about the condition of my uterus. I don't think this dr would encourage us to have more, but he is also not negative, if that makes sense.
DH and I have decided to take it one step at a time. We believe children are a blessing from God, and though I don't know what we would do if dr says that my uterus is a mess, I don't currently plan to take steps to stop having children after this litte one is born.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:07 PM   #9
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My sister in law has had 4. She jokes that they installed a zipper the last time.

Check out my gallery! PM me for YYMN and other knitting needs.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:13 PM   #10
gerka528
Registered Users
seller

I had 4 sections in 4.5 years. My OB said my uterus looked great and I would have been ok having several more sections. Unfortunately hubby is DONE. So no more for me.