Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-14-2011, 12:09 PM   #1
lovermuffin
Registered Users
seller

OMG, Please STOP!!

My daughter is 6 months and still nursing 5-6 times a day which is totally fine. No problem. Except she has began to delatch and pull away and grab my nipple with her hand and squeeze and squeeze and squeeze. My nipples are sore with this pregnancy and it hurts so bad. I don't know how to get her to stop. She has always been super active with her hands while she nursed and would squeeze my boob which sometimes was uncomfortable but it was okay but the nipple squeezing(LOL) hurts sooo bad. How do I get her to stop?

Another question, any successful mamas who still BF their entire pregnancy? I know a few people who got pregnant while still BFing and had to stop BFing because of the stress on their body. I really hope to be able to BF my entire pregnancy since my DD will only be 14 or 15 months (not sure of my due date) when I deliver.

Advertisement

Old 05-14-2011, 12:13 PM   #2
Winter
Registered Users
seller

Re: OMG, Please STOP!!

Could you give her a beaded necklace that she could fiddle with while nursing and save it only for this purpose so it's novelty doesn't wear off?
Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 12:18 PM   #3
*LizziesLoops*
Registered Users
Formerly: angelami4
seller
seller

My Mood:

Probably the same procedure as biting...remove her hand from your nipple, tell her no firmly and then put her down and do something else for a few minutes. If she still wants to nurse afterwards, do so and repeat above if she squeezes your nipple again. It takes some time but she will learn that squeezing your nipple means she doesn't get to nurse or be held. With YDD, I had to do this for biting and slapping (she would slap my chest and face when nursing sometimes) and within a couple days, she stopped because she realized the consequences.
~Amy Eddie: Heather (1/7/2007), Mikayla (11/4/2009), an angel baby (3/29/11), and Michael Edward(3/22/12) We are now expecting baby #4 in January 2014!!!

*LizziesLoops* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 12:23 PM   #4
lovermuffin
Registered Users
seller

Yes! She slaps my chest too over and over and over. My husband usually grabs to her hand and holds her hand and that gets her to stop.

I will try that, thanks mama!
Old 05-14-2011, 12:37 PM   #5
austinandashlynsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wyatt liked to pull away while still latched when he was around 9 months old and it was excruciating. I would pull him in really close to me for a second when he did it and then release back. He didn't like it and stopped after a couple times. He started biting about a month after that and I would either do the same or stop nursing and put him down for a couple minutes. That seemed to do the trick as well. He is 16 months now and we are still nursing with no issues but he is down to 2-3 times per day most of the time. My nipples are really tender too so I'm hoping he weans within the next couple of months but we'll see how it goes. My other 2 children weaned before I got pregnant again so this is the first time nursing while pregnant.
austinandashlynsmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 03:35 PM   #6
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

My dd did the same thing around 6-7 months. She eventually stopped. In my ddc for her, lots of the mamas were having the same issues around the same time. So if nothing else, it is a phase that she will get through.