Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2007, 07:07 PM   #11
4boys1girlforme's Avatar
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 12,369
My Mood:
Re: Prayers & PT for DD!

I will for your dd! Everything will turn out all right mama! Think positive!

Advertisement

__________________
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:58 PM   #12
Noniegrace
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 550
Re: Prayers & PT for DD!

Oh I am so sorry mama. I'll be thinking about you.
__________________
Nonie, mother to Ainsley 9-14-03 & Cameron 11-30-06
Noniegrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:42 AM   #13
serena22304's Avatar
serena22304
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,809
My Mood:
Re: Prayers & PT for DD!

oh no!!!
we have spoke before about epilepsy (my dd has it too).
Why are they talking about doing surgery already? Did you get the MRI you were waiting for?
have they ever said anything about her possibly just outgrowing her epilepsy? Ever since my dd got diagnosed they have said that there is a high chance she will outgrow it. it might take quite a few years, but there is a good chance.
They also said that she will be on her meds for a minimum of 2 years and if she is competely seizure free during that time then they would start to wean as long as she doesnt have any seizures.

I will be praying that you little girl doesnt need to have surgery
__________________
Serena
mama to Malikai (10), Tiler (9), Bennett (7), Jamison (5), Phoenix (3), Gage (9m)
Independent Consultant for Jamberry Nails
serena22304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:45 AM   #14
serena22304's Avatar
serena22304
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,809
My Mood:
Re: Prayers & PT for DD!

I forgot to add, have you seen the movie First Do No Harm?
It is a great movie about a little boy that has epilepsy and they address the Ketogenic Diet on there.
__________________
Serena
mama to Malikai (10), Tiler (9), Bennett (7), Jamison (5), Phoenix (3), Gage (9m)
Independent Consultant for Jamberry Nails
serena22304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:48 AM   #15
GoddessWifeMom's Avatar
GoddessWifeMom
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 5,493
My Mood:
Re: Prayers & PT for DD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serena22304 View Post
oh no!!!
we have spoke before about epilepsy (my dd has it too).
Why are they talking about doing surgery already? Did you get the MRI you were waiting for?
have they ever said anything about her possibly just outgrowing her epilepsy? Ever since my dd got diagnosed they have said that there is a high chance she will outgrow it. it might take quite a few years, but there is a good chance.
They also said that she will be on her meds for a minimum of 2 years and if she is competely seizure free during that time then they would start to wean as long as she doesnt have any seizures.

I will be praying that you little girl doesnt need to have surgery
I'm really not sure why he is starting to talk surgery.

It's weird he didn't really go into it with my DH on the phone he wants to talk more in person.

I'm hoping it was just a rush kind of snap suggestion and that once we get there he's changed his mind.

No seizures yet today.

DH and I talked last night and we will not Okay any surgery yet, unless there is some major reason for it.

We are going to actually ask for the Ketogenic Diet at the next meeting. We are just both not into her being on such powerful meds and then changing so much. The side effects are also horrible on her.

So we looked at info on it and want to try it. I mean if it works then sure she will have to eat only certian things BUT will not be on meds to control her seizures which is a huge plus!
__________________
Amy CDing, BWing Bfing Mama to Anastasia 08/04/05 Ephraim 11/12/06
Trying to convince DH to have another baby or TWO!
GoddessWifeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:49 AM   #16
GoddessWifeMom's Avatar
GoddessWifeMom
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 5,493
My Mood:
Re: Prayers & PT for DD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serena22304 View Post
I forgot to add, have you seen the movie First Do No Harm?
It is a great movie about a little boy that has epilepsy and they address the Ketogenic Diet on there.
Oh we will have to rent that thanks!
__________________
Amy CDing, BWing Bfing Mama to Anastasia 08/04/05 Ephraim 11/12/06
Trying to convince DH to have another baby or TWO!
GoddessWifeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:51 AM   #17
masonite's Avatar
masonite
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,646
My Mood:
Re: Prayers & PT for DD!

Oh mama! I really hope that the diet change will do wonders for her. Keep us posted!!
__________________
AL.
masonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:55 AM   #18
serena22304's Avatar
serena22304
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,809
My Mood:
Re: Prayers & PT for DD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Peas14mnsapart View Post
I'm really not sure why he is starting to talk surgery.

It's weird he didn't really go into it with my DH on the phone he wants to talk more in person.

I'm hoping it was just a rush kind of snap suggestion and that once we get there he's changed his mind.

No seizures yet today.

DH and I talked last night and we will not Okay any surgery yet, unless there is some major reason for it.

We are going to actually ask for the Ketogenic Diet at the next meeting. We are just both not into her being on such powerful meds and then changing so much. The side effects are also horrible on her.

So we looked at info on it and want to try it. I mean if it works then sure she will have to eat only certian things BUT will not be on meds to control her seizures which is a huge plus!

SO good to hear she is seizure free today!!
Did you take her off her meds now? or did they temporarily raise her dose until you can get into the doctor?
I have heard that alot of doctors dont agree with the ketogenic diet, but if you feel like its something that you want to do and you feel its the best for your dd, then do it!!
Best of luck with everything!

That movie- its really sad. well for me it was. It just hit close to home, which is why it effected me so greatly. Its difficult to see anyone have a medical problem. But aside from it being sad, its a really good movie
__________________
Serena
mama to Malikai (10), Tiler (9), Bennett (7), Jamison (5), Phoenix (3), Gage (9m)
Independent Consultant for Jamberry Nails
serena22304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.