Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-15-2011, 05:41 PM   #1
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Just today I discovered a knot on my left side of my belly right above the waistband of my underwear. I am 12 weeks pregnant. It hurts if I push on it to find it. It also is tender after I have touched it. My right side is normal. I have an ob appt on Tuesday & I will finally see a doctor. So far I have had several intake appointments but other than to check my vitals or draw blood no one has even touched me. What could this knot be? It feels like the size of an apricot. Thanks Mamas!

ETA: The bump was gone when they saw me Tuesday. The midwife said that it probably was stool I felt since it was no longer there. I felt a bit silly but at least now I know. Thanks for the advice mamas!

Advertisement

Last edited by P!nkPepper; 05-18-2011 at 11:37 AM.
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:23 PM   #2
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

Re: Knot on belly? What could it be...

Hmm... hernia? Or, is it in the ovary area? Sometimes women get cysts while pregnant; maybe you have a big one. Good luck at the Dr's, hope they have some input.

Little girl, Seren Elise, born at home 11/18! Birth Story
rainydaysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:25 PM   #3
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Knot on belly? What could it be...

Sounds like a cyst or a hernia. I'd ask for your appt. to be moved to Monday.

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:33 PM   #4
veveland
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I had a golf-ball sized cyst on one of my ovaries at the beginning of this pregnancy. Unless it starts causing a lot of pain or gets hot to the touch, I think you could wait until your appointment. Or at the least, you can call and explain to them and they can decide if it sounds more urgent. My guess is if that's what it is and it isn't in the way, they would let it resolve on it's own anyway.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:02 PM   #5
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thanks Mamas. I'll call tomorrow am but I doubt they will see me sooner. The joys of being seen at a Military hospital.
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:07 PM   #6
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
I have one in the center, on the bottom of my belly. Mine is hard too, but changes shape. First they said cyst, but since it changes shape they think it's a pocket filled with pus (maybe from like, an infected cut I never noticed or an ingrown hair or something). They said it could also be water built up, or fatty deposits. Does it feel like it's just on the surface, or like it goes down deep? If it's surface it's probably one of what I listed above. If it goes deep, no idea. Definitely get it looked at though. They won't touch mine until I give birth, except to try to drain it if it gets larger. Hope you figure it out mama!

Sent from my myTouch 3G Slide using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote