Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-15-2011, 08:33 PM   #1
Scarlett's mommy
Registered Users

Debate with husband

Ok so first things first we are not pregnant and are not ttc at the moment. That being said the hubby and I just had a huge debate about circumcision. I'm against it compleatly. He is for it but doesn't want to tell me any good reason just says because thats what he wants. I do not want to start a debate here I just wanted to know if anyone had some good reliable info on why or why not to leave your child natural?

<3

Advertisement

Old 05-15-2011, 08:39 PM   #2
willownz
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Debate with husband

There is a whole circumcision thread here, lots and lots of pages long. I think it has every argument for or against available.
My reason we haven't, you can't get it done here. It just isn't an option.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:42 PM   #3
Jallia
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was in the same situation before our DS was born. I was leaning away from circ and DH was absolutely 100% positive that's what he wanted. I went so far as to schedule the procedure and then some Youtube videos of some actual circs being done on newborns had me sobbing. My DH watched them and decided he wasn't so convinced after all. Our DS is almost 17 mths and intact. =)
Old 05-15-2011, 09:04 PM   #4
nakedbabytoes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My hubby said the same thing when we first started talking about adding to our family(first son isn't his bio, but is circd).
I guess I was just gauging where his feelings were at the time. We got PG. I asked him again. Same answer. After we found out we were having a boy. Same answer.
I think it was when I was 8 months along, I asked him to sit down with me & discuss why he felt as he did & why I felt as I did. We both outlined why we felt as we did in a respectful way that wasn't judgemental. But didn't come up with a decicision either way.
Oddly enough, it was childbirth classes that changed his mind. After watching a birth & listening to everything the baby had to go thru to get here that he felt badly to put the baby thru anymore trauma. He just wanted peace for the baby
If our son wanted circ once older, we would support his decision and find a way to make it happen.
We aren't religious. We don't care if he "looks like daddy or doesn't". We don't worry about teasing or locker room stuff. We don't think it's mutilation. We just think it is unnecessary. That was why it wasn't for us.
That's our story. You have to do what is right for your own.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:49 PM   #5
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
I'm on my phone so I can't see smileys, but -insert popcorn smiley here- LOL.

There some stickied threads about both, studies, teaching videos (as well as traumatic ones and gentler ones) etc on the net. I suggest doing your own research, as it's really based on how you feel individually.

Sent from my myTouch 3G Slide using DS Forum

Last edited by Hillargh; 05-15-2011 at 09:51 PM.
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:28 PM   #6
KandFsMomma
Registered Users
Formerly: keirinsmomma
seller

My Mood:

It is body modification to me and when DS is a teen, if he wants to have it done, he can. Same goes for piercing, and later tattoos.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:56 PM   #7
raelynn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would tell your hubby that if he wants it done, he needs to do the research and come back to you with factual reasons for doing it. Not "just because" or "so he looks like me," but actual legitimate reasons.

http://www.thewholenetwork.org/3/pos...-it-alone.html

Some great sites with lots of info:
www.drmomma.org/
www.thewholenetwork.org/

I've earned $75 with Swagbucks AND I've lost 108.8lbs ISO MM Poppies
raelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:03 PM   #8
MavericksMama
Registered Users
seller

My husband was set on circumcising when I brought it up at the end of my first trimester. Found out it was a boy, and by then he was almost 50-50 and didn't really care either way. In the third trimester, I had educated him with all I could, and he was against it : )
MavericksMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:15 PM   #9
isabelsmummy
Registered Users
seller

My DH and I were like that when I was pregnant and in the end I decided that if it came down to it, when the baby arrived, if it was a boy, I'd just refuse to give permission. I figured we never agree on everything and I was pretty sure I was more ready to fight this fight than he was!
In the end we had 2 girls!
isabelsmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:15 PM   #10
isabelsmummy
Registered Users
seller

My DH and I were like that when I was pregnant and in the end I decided that if it came down to it, when the baby arrived, if it was a boy, I'd just refuse to give permission. I figured we never agree on everything and I was pretty sure I was more ready to fight this fight than he was!
In the end we had 2 girls!
isabelsmummy is offline   Reply With Quote