Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-15-2011, 10:52 PM   #21
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

Re: S/O kids and fake tattoos

i loved those candy cigarettes and my mom smoked until i was 12. i've never been a smoker

Advertisement

My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:11 PM   #22
Honeymommy3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have no problem with them and the kids frequently put them on themselves. In fact this was Xmas morning and it totally escaped us (I don't know how really) until we were at the in laws house and really we didn't care.

ETA: In case you can't tell, that's Dora in the middle of her forehead.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:37 PM   #23
crazylife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

^^that is freaking hilarious! Nothin' like Dora smack dab in the middle of one's forehead, lol!
crazylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:44 PM   #24
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't mind them if they can be covered up..not on the hand but on the wrist type of thing. And really the covering up I only worry about on holidays, professional pics, etc.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:46 PM   #25
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeymommy3 View Post
I have no problem with them and the kids frequently put them on themselves. In fact this was Xmas morning and it totally escaped us (I don't know how really) until we were at the in laws house and really we didn't care.

ETA: In case you can't tell, that's Dora in the middle of her forehead.

That is to cute. I wouldn't like it on my DD but if it was there what can you do?
Old 05-15-2011, 11:53 PM   #26
slowiemaier
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 4 year old daughter loves her fake tattoos and I don't mind at all. I don't have any tattoos but DH has a hideous knife with a snake wrapped around it that he got when he was 15... Anyway, when DD asked if she could get a real tattoo when she was older I told her that those kind never come off, that's why daddy still has his. When the inevitable "Why?" escaped her lips, I told her that real tattoos go on with a needle, lots and lots of needles. She had recently gotten her vaccinations so she was fully aware of what needles felt like. DD vehemently stated she was NEVER going to get a real tattoo, just kid tattoos only. My work here is done...
slowiemaier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:59 PM   #27
longin4more
Registered Users

I don't have a problem with them - we have lots of them around the house just waiting to be used! DD is allergic to the adhesive on stickers so we do fake tattoos Her MDs office even has some set aside just for DD for when she is in
longin4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:59 AM   #28
napua
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't mind them at all. I also don't think they promote getting real tattoos later in life. I certainly didn't think about wanting real tattoos when I was sticking the fake ones all over myself while "smoking" candy cigarettes as a kid. Btw, I don't smoke either.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:15 AM   #29
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We don't do them here. I'm not a fan. However, I don't judge other parents for allowing them.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:58 AM   #30
Kimmyann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savmaralamommy View Post
My question is does anyone think that fake tattoos actually promotes real tattoos? Kind of like fake makeup or candy cigarettes?
I don't have any problem with fake tattoos. And No, I don't believe fake tattoos promotes kids getting real tattoos when they are older. I am 40 now and grew up getting fake tattoos, using pretend makeup, smoking candy cigarettes, and playing with toy guns as did all my friends. None of us (about 8) to my knowledge have tattoos, smoke, or shoot people. Some do wear make up though...