Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-16-2011, 02:45 PM   #51
whitneywalters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: S/O kids and fake tattoos

My kids loves, I let them play with them and honestly could care less if other people think poorly about me because of it.

Advertisement

whitneywalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:19 PM   #52
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by savmaralamommy
My question is does anyone think that fake tattoos actually promotes real tattoos? Kind of like fake makeup or candy cigarettes?
I ate candy cigarettes & played with fake make up but I don't think they had fake tattoos when I was little. I don't smoke, wear minimal make up but am covered in real tattoos. LOL

I don't mind at all if the kids wear fake tattoos. Though I find that Dh & I having tattoos seems to take the rebelliousness out of them for the kids. Makes them less exciting when your parents have them.
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:22 PM   #53
jenbabekitty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My lil dude loves em. He says daddies arm. So I have to give him half a sleeve like his daddy. Lol. He's normally covered in them.

Sent from my iPhone so watch for weird posts!
Old 05-16-2011, 10:12 PM   #54
cbreeding
Registered Users

I don't care for them, but my 4yo and 1yr love them. Of course, they are of Dora. In addition to the kid tatoos, they love to place stickers all over themselves and paint on themselves. We let the kiddos place them whereever they want. It's generally someplace they can see, but occassionally the 4yo wants it on her cheek or something. The 1yo wants it on her hand or foot, and then she looks at it a lot.

Neither DH nor I have tatoos, and when my kiddos are adults that's their choice. For some kids, it probably is a fun way to be like mommy and/or daddy whom have a tatoo, but for others it's purely fun like having face painting or writing on themselves with markers. I don't think it promotes getting tatoos later in life. I think seeing people, especially close to the child, with a real tatoo is a bigger promoter (if that's a word) than fake, kid tatoos.
cbreeding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:02 PM   #55
jessesgirl
Registered Users
Formerly: jesses
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savmaralamommy View Post
My question is does anyone think that fake tattoos actually promotes real tattoos? Kind of like fake makeup or candy cigarettes?
My son has been getting "fake" tattoos since he was a year and a half old. I have visible tattoos. If, by some chance, it DOES promote real tattoos, once he's 18 and he wants one, I'm fine with it. How could I tell my son he can't have real tattoos whenthe time comes if I have and continue to get tattoos?

We have a HUGE drawer of fake tattoos and he constantly has 2-3 on at a time, wears them till there's nothing left.

Visit Jaleigh Bean Bowtique on the WAHM boards! Also, visit my fan page!
jessesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:07 PM   #56
jessesgirl
Registered Users
Formerly: jesses
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssand23 View Post
I ate candy cigarettes & played with fake make up but I don't think they had fake tattoos when I was little. I don't smoke, wear minimal make up but am covered in real tattoos. LOL

I don't mind at all if the kids wear fake tattoos. Though I find that Dh & I having tattoos seems to take the rebelliousness out of them for the kids. Makes them less exciting when your parents have them.
Yes, THIS! I don't smoke, don't wear make up at all...and I never was allowed to have the fake tattoos. So the complete opposite is true, I suppose.

Visit Jaleigh Bean Bowtique on the WAHM boards! Also, visit my fan page!
jessesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote