Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-16-2011, 06:37 AM   #1
anniep78
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Overly emotional

I'm 24 weeks pregnant with my 5th and so far this has been my hardest emotionally, physically I feel really good.
I tend to be a sensitive person even when I'm not pregnant but this is just getting ridiculous, my feelings are hurt so easily I cry pretty much everyday and wake up at night a couple times a week to cry, the main things that I'm getting upset about I feel like are real but I'm just getting to worked up about things I cannot change.

Has anyone else been through this? Any ideas on how to calm these hormones? I would love any ideas of something natural I could take or do.

Advertisement

Old 05-16-2011, 08:38 AM   #2
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:
Re: Overly emotional

My Dh helps by listening to me talk about all the things that are annoying. Then I feel better and we typically end up laughing. He somehow makes all the annoying people into funny people.
Sally's Red Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:49 AM   #3
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry you're feeling so emotional, mama . Is it possible you have some kind of hormone imbalance?

The only natural ways I know of to balance hormones is to exercise - even just a little walk around the park, or a few minutes of yoga are a huge help for me.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:57 AM   #4
Ready2Bmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama.timms View Post
I'm sorry you're feeling so emotional, mama . Is it possible you have some kind of hormone imbalance?
I read this post b/c I'm also having a tough time this pregnancy. However, this made me laugh! Isn't pregnancy just one big hormonal imbalance???

Thanks for the little giggle in my day!
Hadley, proud to be a wife to Wes (5/26/07), Catholic, natural birthing, BFing, Bedsharing, BWing, ERFing, WOHM, Master's student graduate, and mama to my loves, Emmitt(8/17/09) & Ellen Kate (9/22/11)
Adding a new little snow baby to our family Jan 2015
Help me earn more space on Dropbox!!
Ready2Bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:08 AM   #5
veveland
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I was super emotional during my first pregnancy. I distinctly remember watching a toilet paper commercial with a cute puppy and bursting into a hysterical sobbing fit. DH was ready to drop me off at the nut house! Exercise (nothing strenuous), like a short walk around the block would help me fend off the craziness.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:48 AM   #6
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready2Bmommy View Post
I read this post b/c I'm also having a tough time this pregnancy. However, this made me laugh! Isn't pregnancy just one big hormonal imbalance???

Thanks for the little giggle in my day!

You know, I actually thought the same thing after posting!
Old 05-16-2011, 12:47 PM   #7
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:

mama. Sometimes it helps me just to have someone listen. I tell DF that I'm having an emotional moment, and he immediately snaps into listen/comfort mode. He acknowledges my feelings, gives me a little (not too strong) sense of perspective, and then does something sweet/silly/funny etc to lighten my mood once I've gotten it all out. Maybe having someone listen and acknowledge how you feel would help you? I hope you find what you need Hormones are icky sometimes.
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:18 PM   #8
Angel89411
Banned

I was very emotional this pregnancy t the point or irationality. The Dr. put me on Celexia (anxiety meds) and I am a much better person. Still emotional, but better.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote