Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-16-2011, 01:54 PM   #11
lullaby80
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Have you ever switched pediatricians? Sorry, long..

Advertisement

Last edited by lullaby80; 07-29-2011 at 12:14 PM.
lullaby80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:14 PM   #12
Sha-nanagins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
. . . . And now the current ped (after seeing him for over 2 yrs) suddenly has pulled out these forms I have to sign to waive vaxes for my newest LO...
I think these forms must be some new legal thing. Our ped is totally fine with delayed, selective, or no vaccines - parent's choice. But the last check-up, the nurse brought in one of those forms - basically, it says that the AAP recommends vaccinating, that they recommend a specific schedule, there are risks to not vaxing, etc., etc., the clinic has informed us of all of this, and we are still choosing not to get the shots. When she handed it to me, she reiterated that they were fine with whatever we decided, but they have to have parents sign these forms if they choose not to follow the schedule.
Sha-nanagins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:17 PM   #13
pcjs
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha-nanagins View Post
I think these forms must be some new legal thing. Our ped is totally fine with delayed, selective, or no vaccines - parent's choice. But the last check-up, the nurse brought in one of those forms - basically, it says that the AAP recommends vaccinating, that they recommend a specific schedule, there are risks to not vaxing, etc., etc., the clinic has informed us of all of this, and we are still choosing not to get the shots. When she handed it to me, she reiterated that they were fine with whatever we decided, but they have to have parents sign these forms if they choose not to follow the schedule.
We don't have to sign forms, but our doc just goes over our reasoning (and its not very good reasoning beyond I don't see the point of the chicken pox or flu - we never had them) and she says she recommends them school age and I agree that I'll consider it then as that makes sense and that's it. No big deal. Maybe because we are doing most shots but even when we delayed some it wasn't a big deal too. Interesting how different everywhere is but its probably a liability issue.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:20 PM   #14
averysmom
Registered Users

You don't owe the old ped any kind of explanation at all. When we've switched I made an appt with the new ped and then signed a from to request the medical records from the old dr and they take care of it. I've never had to say anything. No problem. Switching drs is pretty easy. And don't feel bad either.
Avery Grace 8-17-05 Autumn Rose my HBAC baby 2-9-10 EXPECTING #4 sometime in Sept. 2012 Planning my second homebirth!!
averysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:40 PM   #15
starsrmndmeofyou
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I haven't been in that same situation, but when dd was just born and we left the hosp she was 5lbs 6oz - at her one month check up the dr and nurse both tried to tell me she was 30lbs. (she is 3 and just now hit 30 lbs). We changed peds and I still felt bad about it. however we love our pediatrician now and wouldnt think about changing.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:56 PM   #16
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I switched Pediatricians after ds2 was born. Did not like our first one. He pushed formula, cow's milk and CIO.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:01 PM   #17
kissum
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Move on, and don't feel bad. You're his CUSTOMERS, and he's making a lot of money off of you. I hope you like the new pedi better!
kissum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:29 PM   #18
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

I've switched and never received a call asking why. ???