Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-16-2011, 01:55 PM   #1
MooKieS_MoM
Registered Users
Formerly: red**hc**ck
seller

Mama Cloth mamas help me!

I was talking to my sister yesterday and she has been having huge problems with getting yeast infections EVERY month after her period. I am convinced (and so is she) that its coming from her pads/tampons. She is to the point she can't wear tampons now, but she is still getting them.

I told her about mama cloth and how I use it and LOVE it! She is REALLY interested and SHE brought up the diva cup how she saw it and was really interested in that too since she likes tampons but she can't wear them.

Anyway I promised her I would send her some more information and some links to somewhere informative. I thought I saved the link to the you tube video where it shows the tampons in the water... I didn't...does anyone remember who that was on youtube? Can some of you help me with some good informative links to send to my sister? Prettty please! I honestly got most of my information from this board so I really don't have any information saved...

Oh and I'm going to buy her a starter set of pads from Treehugger....

Advertisement

MooKieS_MoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:06 PM   #2
Qbit
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Mama Cloth mamas help me!

I don't have much information. I personally never had problems with with yeast or discomfort when I was using disposable menstrual products. I decided to make the switch because I just like the idea of reusable in general. And despite not having any ill effects from sposie pads and tampons, I just knew they weren't good for me. When I first bought my mama cloth though, I read all the info and FAQs on the Homestead Emporium site and remember reading a little something about yeast...

Why did you make the switch to cloth pads?

Quite a few years ago I first heard of cloth pads. My innitial reaction was "YUCK!" and then I left it at that. Then one day I realized that maybe I should research cloth pads at least a little bit. I was having problems with 'irritation' every month during my cycle and I wondered if maybe cloth would solve this problem? Through my research I was amazed at my findings, and also sad that I didn't research this earlier. To find out what I found you can go to any search engine and type in "dangers of chemicals, menstrual pads". I am sure you will be as surprised at the information you find as I was.

What differences have you noticed since you made the switch to cloth pads?

~No more yeast infections. ~No more problems with sticky (from glue) pads bunching up in my undergarments and sticking to me! ~Less blood loss. ~Less cramping! I went from having severe cramps for 2-3 days to about 12-24 hours of fairly bearable cramps. No longer do I feel like I want to live in my bed for 2 days each month! ~More money in my wallet! (I just had to throw that in there! Tee hee!)

and...

Silk! What a wonderful fabric for Cloth Liners! Silk is well known for it's antibacterial properties, and for aiding in the healing of yeast infections. Many women are plagued with yeast infections, especially just before their monthly. Silk liners can offer great relief, and of course they are so beautiful as well! Silk is simply one of the most luxurious fabrics I work with! If you have real issues with yeast infections and need help during your monthly as well, I can take special custom orders for raw silk Medium pads and Heavy Pads. Feel free to email me for more information. The yeast battle can be a real problem for some women, and I'm here to help you.

All from http://hyenacart.com/HomesteadEmpori...x.php?info=524
Old 05-16-2011, 02:39 PM   #3
mixed_chica
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey mama!
Ive tried many things and tried many wahms, and now buy only from Homested Emporium. She has lots of info on her blog and website, and is always willing to answer any questions. Her products and Cs is one of the best Ive ever experienced.
http://hyenacart.com/stores/HomesteadEmporium/

Another thing I love is that she will never try to over sell you! I actually have more then she says is required, but I love her pads so much that I buy them even though I haven't got my period back yet lol!
I was a die hard tampon mama, but since ive made the switch, there's no way in "uhumm" Id ever go back!
Im actually looking forward to my period!
Old 05-16-2011, 02:40 PM   #4
mixed_chica
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Haha! I guess another rave for homested emporium beat mine!
Old 05-16-2011, 02:56 PM   #5
whirlwindwoman
Banned

My Mood:

I love Mother Moon Pads. Before I switched I was getting diaper rash from disposables, which lead to yeast, and bladder infections. I still get the odd issue, I guess I'm just prone, but I have so many fewer problems than I used to. I've had 1 yeast/bladder infection this year, contrasted against the last year I used disposables where I had 5!
whirlwindwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:03 PM   #6
Winter
Registered Users
seller

Mother Moon Pads are awesome. I also love Sea Sponge tampons. If she gets a YI with cloth, she can disinfect with her wash cycle using 1/4 cup of peroxide.
Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:12 PM   #7
crystalanne79
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have that link on my facebook page...I'll go grab it
http://www.facebook.com/notes/tree-h...50181236333175

I recommend bamboo topped pads for her if she is very prone to yeast infections

Last edited by crystalanne79; 05-16-2011 at 04:13 PM.
crystalanne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:19 PM   #8
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

Just to add to what has already been said, you can look up some information on "how disposable menstrual products are made" or something like that.

FWIW I had recurring yeast infections for years, because of taking a really strong antibiotic when we had a round of pertussis in my house, but I have not had them since I started using cloth pads about 2.5 years ago. I do still have a touch of it from time to time but nothing like it was before. I now use cloth pads, menstrual cup, sea sponges, and crochet cloth tampons.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:50 PM   #9
Jenette
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Another shout out for Homestead Emporium ... OBV!
Old 05-17-2011, 03:52 PM   #10
MooKieS_MoM
Registered Users
Formerly: red**hc**ck
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalanne79 View Post
I have that link on my facebook page...I'll go grab it
http://www.facebook.com/notes/tree-h...50181236333175

I recommend bamboo topped pads for her if she is very prone to yeast infections
I sent that one to her and she was like omg YUCK!

I also ordered her some pads from you because you are awesome!!! She is SO excited! I am so excited to have possibly converted someone to the awesomeness of cloth!!
MooKieS_MoM is offline   Reply With Quote