Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-18-2011, 09:02 AM   #1
hikergal73
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Thank you presents for DCP?

DD has been at a daycare center near my work since she was about four months old (she is now 19 months). With the new baby coming, we decided to move her to a place closer to home for a couple days a week so that DH can drop her off in the morning. I am not entirely sure if I am going to back to work so we will reassess when/if that happens.

Anyway, I am really sad to my current day care. They have been absolutely wonderful and DD loves it there. I wanted to show them my appreciation but wasn't sure what would be appropriate. I was thinking either some new books for the room, plants for the teachers or maybe a gift card. I want to show thanks but don't want to be over the top.

Any thoughts? Is this something that people normally do?

Advertisement

Old 05-18-2011, 10:02 AM   #2
lovemygirlseques
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Thank you presents for DCP?

I think it's a lovely idea and I am sure that something for the room would be much appreciated, or even a gift card for the teachers and a plant is nice. I think whatever you do they will be touched.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:15 AM   #3
nakedbabytoes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When my oldest was in daycare(until he was 8 mos old, then I started my own), I always gave books at holiday times for the room to share, along with fun toys like a parachute & balls or bean bag toss or ice cream ball maker. Just stuff they all could enjoy as a group.
I like receiving gifts like that too I think it's more fun to spread the love around.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:46 PM   #4
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think thats a great idea. I gave my DCP handmade soaps. They really appreciated the thought/time put into the gift. But, I like the idea of gifts for the daycare itself too :-)
Old 05-19-2011, 05:16 PM   #5
doodah
Registered Users
seller

are there numerous caregivers? if so, something for the room is appropriate. if it is just one or two caregivers, I would go with a gift card. Kudos to you for acknowledging all their hard work. A lot of parents would never even think to offer a simple verbal thank you let alone a gift.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote