Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-16-2011, 09:21 PM   #1
jenbabekitty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
climber!

My son has decided he's a mountain climber. I found him in our cradle today. Before he went to bed he climbed on his book self and screamed. I don't know how to stop him. We are removing everything out of his room. He also will not stay in his bed. He had to get a toddler bed because of the climbing. Now the turd can get into everything! I am at my wits end with this monster.

On a better note we have been "papeeto" paci free for almost 2 weeks!

Sent from my iPhone so watch for weird posts!

Advertisement

Old 05-16-2011, 11:18 PM   #2
aumismommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: climber!

Subbing for tips DS is the same way....at 10 months ahhhh! Climbs everything - gets his little finger tip grips on to something and he can literally do a pullup and get his toes in and he's on ANYTHING!

ISO: Ring Sling WC, Soft Star Shoes (brand) shoes size 8/9 (toddler) or infant
aumismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:43 PM   #3
whirlwindwoman
Banned

My Mood:

Luckily this was a short lived phase for my guy. I hope it is for yours too!

You just have to watch them like a hawk, you can't remove everything. One day I found him on the kitchen counter!
whirlwindwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:03 AM   #4
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Make sure you have things secured that he would climb on and do what you can to minimize it. It might take awhile, but he will most likely outgrow it. My oldest was a climber. We called her our monkey baby. At 8 months she could climb from the floor onto the couch, flip the back cushions up, climb on those, stand, and bang on the window. We never had another child in our home (ours or friends that visited) that could climb onto that couch at younger than a year of age. I don't know how she did it. I would just calmly take her down from things, stick close by her so she had less opportunity, and made sure there wasn't anything that would fall on her.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:21 AM   #5
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

I agree to secure everything. Ds is climbing everything Now & it makes me so nervous. My youngest dd was also my climber & we've had more ER visits & 911 calls for her than the other kids combined.
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:26 AM   #6
youngmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My ds has been climbing EVERYTHING since about 18 months. He's 28 months now.
We anchored all his furniture and other than nap times....I have to make sure I know where he is at all times. We tried using baby gates....but he can scale them too. I feel your pain momma!
We love cloth diapers , but I am a non-crunchy mommy.#3 due in Oct
youngmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:31 AM   #7
maple79vt
Registered Users
seller

My dd was a climber. I'd say the phase was short lived but she's almost 4 and if there's something she wants she'll figure out how to get it. She started climbing when she became mobile. Secured everything to the wall and then we actually moved the climber into our living room. When we took her down off something we'd put her on the climber. It actually really helped because she had a safe place to climb, could stand on the top and feel tall and I wasn't a constant wreck trying to keep her off the bookcases.
maple79vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:00 AM   #8
jenbabekitty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I caught him in the cradle again. About asleep. Lol! I gotta move that thing out of his room.

Sent from my iPhone so watch for weird posts!