Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-06-2006, 03:47 PM   #11
aliks
Registered Users
seller

Re: CD concern

My friend thought Tony would have a hard time walking because his night time diapers are bulky. BTW, he just started walking at 9 1/2 months, so no problems here!

Advertisement

aliks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 03:50 PM   #12
stephdpn
Registered Users
seller

Yep - most of us were cd'd as babies, we turned out just fine!!!
Old 06-06-2006, 04:05 PM   #13
masonite
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
seller

My Mood:

I just realized--I hope I didn't make light of your question! I just thought your father's reaction was kind of funny!

That being said--It is our job as parents to worry! Even the littlest things can cause the biggest concern.

My son, Camden, is nearly 16 months old, and still doesn't walk. He has had a really rough life with a lot of medical problems, that might or might not cause delays. BUT, even at this point, not walking at 16 months, he isn't considered delayed yet. (BTW, he didn't even crawl until 11 months!)

Just follow your gut, you'll do what is right for you! Good job Mama!
Old 06-06-2006, 04:18 PM   #14
DakotasMommy
Registered Users

I agree with what other posters have said about the multi generations of people being cloth diapered, and they still walked and talked and crawled at normal times.
That being said...
My son is 5 months old. He rolls from back to front and from front to back with ease. He also has just started pulling his legs up under him (when hes on his tummy) and scooting a bit.
Your diapering style doesnt make your child delayed. Just more determined.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:41 PM   #15
hollyhobby30
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotasMommy
I agree with what other posters have said about the multi generations of people being cloth diapered, and they still walked and talked and crawled at normal times.

Yeah that!
hollyhobby30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 06:46 PM   #16
Audriannasmommy
Registered Users

That would be like saying Audrianna has developmental delays because she is sposies lol. Yes she has developmental delays she just rolled back to tummy first time right before she turned one. But it is definatly not from the sposies
Audriannasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 06:54 PM   #17
momof4
Registered Users
seller

I had to giggle at this too; it brought back memories of when my oldest was an infant. It's hard for parents to let go, and realize that their children are all grown up and able to make independent decisions for their own children. It probably won't be the last time you'll have a moment or two like this with parents or in-laws; it has nothing to do with realit of CD'ing or anything elsey, and everything to do with their letting go of the parental role and learning how to do the grandparental one. You can handle it in a variety of ways; probably one of the more effective ones is to respond to all such criticisms, "Guess I'll just have to learn the hard way," or you can try to debate the issues as they arise. Either way, it will get better over time.

As for you, don't worry, mama; you're doing great!
Old 06-06-2006, 07:13 PM   #18
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

My MIL threatened me with the same thing and what it boiled down to was the simple fact that she thought it absurd that I'd made the switch to CD.

And yes, babies in sposies can do alot of things that SEEM earlier, but in the grand scheme of things, that band of "normal age for milestones" is HUGE.

Try not to worry. Easier said than done, but really, don't worry about it.

I thought my baby didn't walk as soon as her two older sisters because of the CD's... until I realized, DUH, it's because she's got two older sisters to CART her around all the time!!!
Old 06-06-2006, 07:39 PM   #19
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

wow! I guess if my ds was in sposies he would have walked before he was 10 months old?

dont listen to you dad on this one

I am jealous thats your dad will babysit though!!!
Old 06-06-2006, 11:08 PM   #20
jodi5
Registered Users

Neither of my kids have rolled over until at least 7 months old, both cd'd but my first son was crawling by 8 months old. My newest addition will be 7 months old in another week. He has not rolled over yet either but if he is on his belly he is started to try to move so I think he will be crawling by 8 months too. My first born is very athletic. I am amazed at the things he can do. Obviously cd'ing didn't hurt him. I wouldn't worry too much. 13 weeks is still pretty young for rolling over. I think the standard is about 4 months. I think if they really want to roll over they will go for it.