Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-14-2011, 02:20 PM   #1
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Don't call us - we'll call you...

I was due Wednesday. I'd love for my baby to be here already. Yesterday I got 4 phone calls that started with, "so I guess there's no baby yet?" I know my family and friends mean well but this is going to get old if it goes on for much longer.

Anyone else getting these reminders as they get closer to/past their due date?

Advertisement

justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 02:28 PM   #2
Colleen+1
Registered Users
seller

Re: Don't call us - we'll call you...

My mil asked dh everyday when he called her. I stopped calling her for things because she'd ask "anything yet?!" Well if there was, we'd call you! I think she finally got the hint after we said, yeah he was born a few hours ago, didn't you know? Followed by a No, obviously not.

It got old very quickly.
DS #1, Gavin, 9/23/10. LO #2 Edd 11/05/12! Married to my awesome dh Nathien since 10/14/06. We kicked infertility butt!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mrsthomas1014
Colleen+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 03:45 PM   #3
saxychic247
CAUTION! Not responding to issues! File with paypal if waiting on items!

My Mood:

Um, yeah... my MIL (who is crazy) called me up the other day to "chat"... Mindless chatting at first followed by "So what's your cervix doing? I need to make travel plans!" Um... inappropriate anyone? If I *want* to talk to you about my cervix, I will. I do *not* want to talk to her about my lady parts. <sigh>
saxychic247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 03:49 PM   #4
KristieW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have flat out refused to tell anyone my due date this time because of that. I've just been saying somewhere around the end of June/beginning of July. Ticks people off, but I don't want to really with the phone calls. ;-)
Old 05-14-2011, 05:31 PM   #5
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristieW View Post
I have flat out refused to tell anyone my due date this time because of that. I've just been saying somewhere around the end of June/beginning of July. Ticks people off, but I don't want to really with the phone calls. ;-)
Good thinking!!
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:51 PM   #6
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You know you should call those people back at 10pm one night saying hurridly....OMG, guess what......just to freak them out, then give them a really lame fact, celebrity info etc

I know it's really annoying. I purposely didn't call my two bff's that week, called week before and said, I'm not going to be like the other ten people driving you crazy....I'll call you next week unless I hear from you first.

Of course my IL's were highly concerned that I would go too over and affect their vacation
Old 05-15-2011, 08:10 AM   #7
cusemom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am so sick of the same "labor yet?" questions too! Don't they realize it just adds insult to injury?!? DH says I should just turn my phone off until the baby comes!
cusemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:17 AM   #8
maple79vt
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxychic247 View Post
Um, yeah... my MIL (who is crazy) called me up the other day to "chat"... Mindless chatting at first followed by "So what's your cervix doing? I need to make travel plans!" Um... inappropriate anyone? If I *want* to talk to you about my cervix, I will. I do *not* want to talk to her about my lady parts. <sigh>
It's like when you're pregnant people think they have the right to know all your personal bodily function details. Ommmm, I don't think so, I don't talk about my lady parts to anyone, so why would I now????
maple79vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:03 PM   #9
Lydia'sMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I always go over. The last time I just waited for most calls to go to VM and called them back. I put a special message on my VM saying that if they were calling for no other reason than to find out my pregnancy status then they won't be receiving a call back but we would simply inform everyone when baby came. Most people seemed to get the hint-although that was quite forward I also put a PSA on my FB page trying to politely address the same thing.

This is what I put on a Note in FB:
"Public Service Announcement to all my beloved and well-meaning family and friends: I am so blessed that everyone seems to be so concerned with the state of my pregnancy, however, please know that just because my due-date is here does not mean that the baby is on the same traditional, Dr. oriented, time-table and can be healthy, vibrant, and safe for many weeks in my belly past the traditional 'due date'. I will be sure to let everyone know when the baby arrives. Please also note that continually asking a pregant lady who has reached her 'due date' if she is going to go into labor is like telling a visitor to your home that they can arrive between 2-4 pm and then calling them every 5 minutes starting at 2 asking if they are here yet. I love you all and am grateful for all the well-wishes and prayers for a easy and pain-free labor and birth---please keep those coming; however I do not know when the baby will come and asking me will do nothing to help the baby come any faster "