Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-18-2011, 06:45 AM   #1
ursaminor
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My Flips are shot

yep, they are kaput My Ribbit Flip cover, that is a little over a year old, had a snap pull through the tab. The PUL was already looking a little bubbly, too. I also have a Moonbeam Flip that is just barely still in warranty, that has a tiny crack in the PUL on the bum. I doubt they will replace it, should I even try?

I really love the fit of Flip, that fact that they are OS, and they are very trim and hold a tfpf like a dream - but I dont think I will be buying there for a second LO. They dont hold up well. Am I crazy to expect a cover to last well over a year??

Advertisement

Old 05-18-2011, 06:51 AM   #2
thejuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My Flips are shot

I would still contact Cotton Babies if the Moonbeam is within the year warranty. I LOVE our Flips and after trying over a dozen different covers, they are the best fit for us. I have to agree with you about them not lasting long though. I would expect them to last through more than one child and I just don't think ours will. The elastic gets relaxed rather quickly. I never put ours in the dryer so I'm not sure what else I could do to make them last longer.
thejuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:55 AM   #3
starsrmndmeofyou
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ours are the same way - I love the fit, but i dont think I will pay full price again- the sad thing is is we only used them for like 3 months - and then we took a break from cloth for like 6 months and started using them again- and now, 2 months in, they are already bad and leak- ( we store our dipes inside so they aren't exposed to any extremes in temps.)
Old 05-18-2011, 06:58 AM   #4
thejuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Does anyone if the elastic is easy to replace?
thejuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:13 AM   #5
kts1120
Registered Users
seller
seller

Cotton Babies just replace one of my flip covers and some organic aios that were past their warranty by about 2 months. It's worth contacting them.
kts1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:15 AM   #6
ollie_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love my Flips too, but I don't think they hold up well either. It's a shame especially considering how much they cost, I wish they didn't wear out so easily.
ollie_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:29 AM   #7
ThreeLittleCubs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The elastic is going in our flips too... No way I will be able to use them for the new baby. I wish there was an easy way to replace the elastic.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:39 AM   #8
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I emailed them yesterday asking if there was a way to replace the elastic in a Flip and what they would recommend. (no response yet)

I LOVE my flips for the fit but the elastic does go fast. They still work for us but I miss the tighter fitting elastic.
ReadingRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:08 AM   #9
ursaminor
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

yeah, the elastics are pretty relaxed too. I guess I'll contact them. I can get just as trim of a fit with Nikkys and they last through multiples, but they arent OS.

I think the elastics are just tacted on either end of the casting. I would get a seam ripper and remove some stitches at either end of the casting, removed the shot elastic and tact a new one down and restitch the binding. I think it would be pretty easy.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:12 AM   #10
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursaminor View Post
yeah, the elastics are pretty relaxed too. I guess I'll contact them. I can get just as trim of a fit with Nikkys and they last through multiples, but they arent OS.

I think the elastics are just tacted on either end of the casting. I would get a seam ripper and remove some stitches at either end of the casting, removed the shot elastic and tact a new one down and restitch the binding. I think it would be pretty easy.
Thanks! I am not much of a sewer and I replaced the elastic in a few BG pockets but I am very intimidated by the Flips. I know someone at customer service is chortling to themselves as they read my email but I looked everywhere online and couldn't find an answer to my question.

Thank you for answering it!
ReadingRenee is offline   Reply With Quote