Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-18-2011, 07:46 PM   #1
jamieism
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
How do you store your flats??

Okay flat lovin mamas ... I'm trying to find the flat love here and I need YOU ( insert Uncle Sam type guy here).

Do you kite or origami them out of the laundry? Do you fold them all the same way, or make a variety? Do you just pad fold them and tell your wiggling baby to "just hold that thought while I whip up a neat fold jelly roll"? WDYD??

I feel like when I prefold them kite or origami or whatever they a) don't stack neatly and b) come out of their nifty fold if pulled out of the stack wrong (2 times out of 3), making me a frustrated mama and dd - well see below. But if I pad fold (which seems kinda boring anyway) but then want a fancy snappi fold, well dd has long gone off diaperless to eat dog kibble and pull the computer cable out of the wall while I murmer "left corner to right, flip, right corner to left, hold the mayo... ummm :headsctratch:"

So tell me what you do. Show me pics of your neatly folded flat stash. Help a wannabe flat lover in need!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 05-18-2011, 07:55 PM   #2
lauren420
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do you store your flats??

I pad fold 90% of the time, I pre-loak my covers, saves my sanity!! The flats that arn't pre-loaded into covers I just fold into a small square and pile them ontop of each other

Flats are all in the middle and the covers on the right are pre-loaded
Old 05-18-2011, 07:59 PM   #3
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just fold them like towels when I store them. When I'm ready to do a diaper change, I fold the flat first and then get DD2.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:27 PM   #4
loving my family
Registered Users

I origami fold them,then I fold them up like i put it on my baby and they stack fine, and don't unravel when I grab them out of the stack.
loving my family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:31 PM   #5
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieism View Post
Okay flat lovin mamas ... I'm trying to find the flat love here and I need YOU ( insert Uncle Sam type guy here).

Do you kite or origami them out of the laundry? Do you fold them all the same way, or make a variety? Do you just pad fold them and tell your wiggling baby to "just hold that thought while I whip up a neat fold jelly roll"? WDYD??

I feel like when I prefold them kite or origami or whatever they a) don't stack neatly and b) come out of their nifty fold if pulled out of the stack wrong (2 times out of 3), making me a frustrated mama and dd - well see below. But if I pad fold (which seems kinda boring anyway) but then want a fancy snappi fold, well dd has long gone off diaperless to eat dog kibble and pull the computer cable out of the wall while I murmer "left corner to right, flip, right corner to left, hold the mayo... ummm :headsctratch:"

So tell me what you do. Show me pics of your neatly folded flat stash. Help a wannabe flat lover in need!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

YES! That is exactly what I do!

Actually at this point it takes me about 5 seconds or less to fold my flat in whatever fold I want. Since these days I am more likely to use a padfold I keep them all padfolded directly out of the dryer. I stack them in a plastic drawer on top of my washer with the covers right next to it. That way I can grab a cover and a flat at change time.

Last edited by ReadingRenee; 05-18-2011 at 08:35 PM.
ReadingRenee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:37 PM   #6
NorwexMa
Registered Users
seller

I used to just fold in 1/2 twice rite out of the laundry, so I had a head start in the orgami fold. Now that the orgami fold for my flats is too small for DS, I used the kite fold. I do the kite fold rite out of the laundry, and fold them just like I put them on him, so all I have to do is open, lay in liner, and then lay in DS and try to quickly get it on before he's gone. He 16 mo and hates changes, so anything to save time!
My stack is neat, and so far no problems stacking, as long as he doen't try to throw them across the room :-) (to busy for pix, sorry!)
NorwexMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:48 PM   #7
jessi4jc
Registered Users
seller

I fold mine in the diaper bag fold and stack them up, just like my fitteds.

IDSO: Noro Sekku in Citrus, Lilac, Sand. Please.
IDDDSO: Charlie Banana XS and S in Lavendar!
jessi4jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:51 PM   #8
Willum'smom
Registered Users
seller

I pre-fold them oragami style and then fold them kind of like I put them on the baby. Here's a picture:

I stack them right behind the pocket diapers. I love to use flats for night time because I can lay however many microfiber inserts I want under the pad portion of the diaper. Then I can put a big fleece soaker over it. Wonderful!
Willum'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:26 PM   #9
marisolstice
Registered Users
seller
seller

I store my clean dipes in a rectangular laundry basket. I almost always snappi or pin, so I kite fold or ro po or jo or something like that, and then stack them all sideways. So the folded in half side is up....

Sorry, this post is worthless w/o pics but I don't have any
Old 05-18-2011, 09:49 PM   #10
reybar-2009
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood: