Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 06:35 AM   #1
Fairyjasmine88
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 491
My Mood:
Who makes great preemie/tiny newborn fitteds?

Thanks for any suggestions you can offer!

Advertisement

Fairyjasmine88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:15 AM   #2
nonipie's Avatar
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,183
Re: Who makes great preemie/tiny newborn fitteds?

I know MotherGoose Designs on HC does but I have not tried them.
__________________
Married to my soulmate Chris since 2004 Mama to big boy D 8/12/06, Big Girl M 3/7/10 and my sweet new boy E 9/10/12!

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:59 AM   #3
jessi4jc's Avatar
jessi4jc
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonipie
I know MotherGoose Designs on HC does but I have not tried them.
I have 4 and wub them!

Bumstoppers does but is on babymoon. Bunnyfeet just quoted me $12 on preemie dipes. Firefly's XS are meant for preemies. Happy Heiny makes AIOs for micro preemies and up. Stage 3 are something like 4-8 pounds. Oh, and Nanas Bottoms can do fitteds, pockets or AIOs and makes a preemie size.

Of course there is also preemie PFs and a whole host of tiny covers. You can also use hemp babies smaller weeds as flats or just fold average sized flats smaller. I love the Jo Fold!
__________________
NYC transplant. Seminarian. Mama to 2 big girls. Aunt to 7 great kids. Nanny to an itty bitty

IDSO: Noro Sekku in Citrus, Lilac, Sand. Please.
IDDDSO: Charlie Banana XS and S in Lavendar!

Last edited by jessi4jc; 05-19-2011 at 08:01 AM.
jessi4jc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:33 AM   #4
AZmommy's Avatar
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Yuma
Posts: 11,310
Re: Who makes great preemie/tiny newborn fitteds?

average size flats will NOT fit most preemies (if any) I'f had many flats (hemp babies, gerbers, gauze (unknown company) small GMD ect all those seemingly tiny folds NB fold Jo fold not soo tiny on a bitty one. My babies have not been preemies but they have been just shy of it and those fold end up 3 times bulkier than my babies entire width from back to torso I get wings I can wrap around my wee ones 5 times and bult betwen legs that is just not gonna happen (forceing the even natural froggied position to do the splits and forget nice leg fit HA nope..
I got my gerber flats to work okay by cutting them into 4ths and then doing the folds.. of course it would have worked better if I could have sewn
__________________
I can not spell and have no phone to blame things on.

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:36 AM   #5
jessi4jc's Avatar
jessi4jc
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZmommy
average size flats will NOT fit most preemies (if any) I'f had many flats (hemp babies, gerbers, gauze (unknown company) small GMD ect all those seemingly tiny folds NB fold Jo fold not soo tiny on a bitty one. My babies have not been preemies but they have been just shy of it and those fold end up 3 times bulkier than my babies entire width from back to torso I get wings I can wrap around my wee ones 5 times and bult betwen legs that is just not gonna happen (forceing the even natural froggied position to do the splits and forget nice leg fit HA nope..
I got my gerber flats to work okay by cutting them into 4ths and then doing the folds.. of course it would have worked better if I could have sewn
I folded up one of GMDs to the size of my palm yesterday.
__________________
NYC transplant. Seminarian. Mama to 2 big girls. Aunt to 7 great kids. Nanny to an itty bitty

IDSO: Noro Sekku in Citrus, Lilac, Sand. Please.
IDDDSO: Charlie Banana XS and S in Lavendar!
jessi4jc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:40 AM   #6
AZmommy's Avatar
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Yuma
Posts: 11,310
Re: Who makes great preemie/tiny newborn fitteds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessi4jc View Post
I folded up one of GMDs to the size of my palm yesterday.
yea so have I and I naturally have small hands.. its amazing what looks tiny in our hands suddenly looks huge on the actual baby.. and I dont jsut mean bulky but pain does not work huge. I've folded down flats to fit my bitty dolls and had total confidence I could fold down for my newborn. HA nope despite having some MAD folding skills it jsut did NOT happen... Wish it did I'd have saved a lot of money in those early months.. (I'd rather savign my CD spending to like now when shews goign to be in a size for a long time).

Deanna
__________________
I can not spell and have no phone to blame things on.

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.