Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-19-2011, 10:19 AM   #1
mydaddysjag
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Summers infant playyard

I recently got a summers infant play yard (similar to the superyard, but 30" tall instead of 16" tall) because after trying numerous baby gates, we found out that due to the thick base board, decorative molding, and hand railing, we cant use a baby gate on our steps. Our apartment complex will not allow us to remove the rail or molding so that we can use a gate either. We have the superyard setup so that it is in front of our steps, working like a gate.
One thing I worry about is how sturdy these are. My DS is 10 months old and walking, and trying to hang on things like a monkey.

Has anyone done anything to "beef" their up and make it less wiggly?

Advertisement

mydaddysjag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:52 AM   #2
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
How about putting a piece of wood on the top side to make it even with the molding? Like screwing the wood into the wall. We did that and it worked great.

Posted from my iPod using the DS app so could you please forgive the autocorrect, it hates me
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:04 AM   #3
mydaddysjag
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Summers infant playyard

We were going to screw a 2x4 into the wall to mount a gate to, but we would also have to remove our stairway railing, it extends past the stairway, and is shorter than a baby gate. I tried to mount a gate across the hallway at the top of the steps, but there is molding EVERYWHERE, even the corners of our walls. I dont know what they were thinking when they build this place. Im not allowed to move the stair rail due to safety issues, but they dont care that its a bigger safety issue for me to have a walking infant with no gate at my steps. Im thinking abut trying to have my dad build me a gate out of plywood, with cutouts to fit around the molding.
mydaddysjag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:26 AM   #4
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ugh! I'm sorry I couldn't help! I think its a good idea to have your dad build the gate! That way it will fit perfectly!

Posted from my iPod using the DS app so could you please forgive the autocorrect, it hates me
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote