Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-20-2011, 05:37 PM   #1
mommytosun&moon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
i want info on diaper parties!!!

ok this might not be the right place for this question, if not plmk where. i want info on doing my own diaper parties. i dont want to work for a company id like to do it freelance. if anyone could help me on this id be much appreciated!!!

Advertisement

Old 05-20-2011, 05:45 PM   #2
doubleddog
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: i want info on diaper parties!!!

I'm interested too! Have thought about the idea of a diaper party but would love to pick and choose which brands to sell and do some WAHM ones too. I'm leaning more and more towards WAHM dipes as I get more into CDing
Babywearing, CDing SAHM. I love my DH and my 3 sweet girls, looking forward to meeting team green baby #4 April 2013.
doubleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:58 PM   #3
mommytosun&moon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yep! i need info like what brands would you pick out? i want examples of everything, so what would yall recommend as far as brands/ kind? i use fitteds and pockets. what kinds of hybrids would be recommended? or aio or ai2's? also how would you price? i was thinking one on one cosultation for an hour @ $25 or parties of up to 10 @ $50 an hour. plus gas ( i live in a big city ). also any other information or advice tips would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:03 PM   #4
Adorkable Ellyn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How would you be able to order the diapers while still getting a profit from it? I've been thinking about becoming a diaper consultant but I HATE tier businesses. It's not fair that someone on up is making like 75% of the money I bring in.

As far as Hybrids, gDiapers and Flips!!!
Adorkable Ellyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:11 PM   #5
midominga
Registered Users
seller

I have a llc and i'm hopping to do the same thing and looking into becoming a wholesaler in different places. Although I asked some wahms if you buy in bulk if they would discount too. its always worth a shot you know.
not saying you need a business to do wahm stuff but for bgs and stuff you need a tin. i'm just waiting for them to respond back to me.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:36 AM   #6
mommytosun&moon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh i was thinking more on the lines of ordering for them if they wanted too, but not the discount part. unless i oredered that many from one vendor. im thinking more of just having a variety and taking the diapers to their house to see which ones they like best. and having resources printed out and ready to go. i could order for them but not a discounted rate, just doing it for them. kwim?
Old 05-21-2011, 09:03 AM   #7
midominga
Registered Users
seller

oh ok that makes sense too. hoe many would you be showing is the question? i mean their are so many styles how would you chose...you have serged tnt; fs or ss or aplix.
would you be showing covers to? would you have just the pul covers or expand to wool and fleece, so youd show soaker,shrties and longies? would you show all the accessories that go with all this stuff? wipes? wetbags? youd have all this one hand right or are you thinking or printing out the kinds of fabric and letting them only feel one of each type and then custom order whatever fabric they want? I don't know where you live but most ppl here wont pay to go to a diaper party it would have to be more of a tupperware party. And i'd buy some stuff to have one hand incase one of those ppl wants to take that diaper home with them.
what kinds would you show?
Old 05-23-2011, 12:12 PM   #8
Adorkable Ellyn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think to start off it would be good to make up a pamphlet of the most asked questions. Do some fun games like "how much do you think this insert soaks" kinda thing
I'd start off with just the basics.
For ME; I would have the following on hand until I started making money off of it.

MF insert
Hemp insert
Prefold - Indian + Chinese
diaper cover - probably a Bummis or Thirsties
Fitted diaper
Pocket Diaper
AIO
Hybrid - Flips
Then a couple of detergents like RnG, Method, etc
dryer balls
Wetbag
Cloth Wipes
Wipe Formula

and then as I got more advanced I would start to add more things like toys, more variety of diapers etc
Adorkable Ellyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:49 AM   #9
mommytosun&moon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

^^^ good advice mama! thats what i was thinking, having a good variety for them to test out. i hadnt thought of "extras" like degergents and dryer balls. good idea! id love anymore ideas soooo bump
Old 05-25-2011, 03:22 PM   #10
mommytosun&moon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood: