Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-31-2011, 12:49 AM   #21
Pyrodjm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Acronym really bothering me

Shake it off. Right along with those that say that moms that use childcare are letting other raise their kids and that every mom could SAH if they could get their priorities straight/be more frugal/etc. I always think first time mom when I see it anyway. I look at it as a mom trying to make a point or talk up a title, similar to when SAHMs call themselves "domestic engineers". RIIIGHT. Whatever gets you through the day sweetheart. BTW, sometimes I'm a SAHM but mostly I'm a full-time mom and part-time teacher (working about 10 hrs a week now).

Advertisement

Pyrodjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:06 AM   #22
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae View Post
I definitely think there are part time parents. My brother and ex-sister in law have 50/50 custody and both have told me in more ways than one that they are half-time parents. I think it's a piss poor attitude.

Eta: op - you ARE a full time mom! If your kid needs you at 2 am or 2 pm, you will be there for them. You will get out of bed, or leave "work", or whatever you have to do. You care about your kids full time, you make sure you are there whenever they need you... For the rest of your life you will be there whenever they need you!! If that isn't full time, I don't know what is.

Last edited by *Peanut*; 05-31-2011 at 01:58 AM.
*Peanut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:11 AM   #23
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

I have only seen it as first time mom
Old 05-31-2011, 11:24 AM   #24
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

eh doesnt bother me. i have no guilty feelings about WOH so if any SAHP what to try to make themselves feel superior to me thats their hangup, not mine.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:08 PM   #25
psylion
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38
I hovered really quick & I thought you were talking about transgendered people...Female To Male .
I am a social worker so that is what it means to me also.

The idea that someone would not consider me a full time mom because I work offends me though.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 05-31-2011, 10:31 PM   #26
teachermama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think the next time the kids' school calls me at work because one of my darlings is in the office I will tell them that I'm not on duty and to call my husband...the FTD.
(O)….2, & Someone NEW….arriving May 2014!

Kindergarten Teaching Extraordinaire
teachermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:00 AM   #27
eguisgirl
Registered Users
Formerly: en**doza
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38 View Post
I hovered really quick & I thought you were talking about transgendered people...Female To Male .
Old 06-01-2011, 06:49 PM   #28
paulnkyliesmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am guilty of using that myself but due to 2 children with special needs whom i can't leave with many i am with my kids 24/7 except for the occasional 1 or 2 times a month i run to the store alone in the evening or my mom watches them 2-3 times a year while we go out.
paulnkyliesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:57 PM   #29
Adorkable Ellyn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't know, I kind of see the whole point of full time mom. I'm a stay at home mom and while I love doing it, sometimes I hate being at home 24/7 constantly there to do EVERYTHING. I don't leave my work and come home. I don't get that change in mentality from "this is work" "this is home" Not saying not every mom is a full time mom, god no. But I understand wanting to label yourself as such.
And I would like to say, I in no way said I hate being a mom or anything like that. Just that I don't get out much, which I'm working on
Adorkable Ellyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:46 AM   #30
Mamma527
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachermama
I think the next time the kids' school calls me at work because one of my darlings is in the office I will tell them that I'm not on duty and to call my husband...the FTD.
Good idea! Lol