Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-22-2011, 12:58 PM   #21
Adorkable Ellyn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cosleeping / bed sharing in a full size bed?

It was horrible when DS was born and his(dh) parents were down because all the disruption in our routine made him need me at night. I LOVED it, don't get me wrong. But I hated it. DH is a very aggressive sleeper, so there was no way I'd let DS in between the two of us, so he was on the outer side of me with me on my side. He slept perfectly all night, I slept horribly. I ended up sidecaring our crib to the mattress and it was heaven sent.
He had his little bed with mommy sleeping right there with him, made bfing so much easier and when he needed to be comforted he had a way of wiggling across his mattress and onto mine to snuggle into my back or belly depending on how I was sleeping It was the cutest thing ever. When I wanted to snuggle with him I'd either sneak him into bed with me, or just curl up around him with my torso in the crib.
I loved it. I miss it as well. DH finally said he's 7 months old, he can start to sleep on his own otherwise when he gets back from deployment he'll be coming back to a toddler that's taken over his bed. So right now while he's waking up teething in the middle of the night I atleast got him to agree to the crib still near the bed in the room until he starts sleeping through the night again.

Advertisement

Adorkable Ellyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 01:36 PM   #22
g&g
Registered Users

My Mood:

DH and I barely made it co-sleeping with DD1 at 6 months in a queen, I couldn't imagine all of us in a full! I am at my parents on a full and the dogs got kicked out night 1 from the lack of space with me & DD2 in the bed, DH in bed too, oh hell no. You need to be comfortable to get a good night's rest!
Katy, outnumbered Marine wife/mom/geologist to a spunky Hoo, a sweet Pipes, with #3 due in Aug, and 2 crazy wiener dogs, Graben and Gabi.

g&g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:50 PM   #23
kilahree
Registered Users

We currently have a full and bed shared with DD until she was 8 mos. Then it was just too hard. DH was mostly off the bed and DD would be all over the place and take up most of the room. If we'd had a bigger bed, we'd have bed shared much longer.
kilahree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:05 PM   #24
KandFsMomma
Registered Users
Formerly: keirinsmomma
seller

My Mood:

No help here, my DH is 6'5" and 320+ he's a big, broad shouldered man! I had a queen when we first moved in together and that was too small for the two of us, so we bought a king before the LOs were even conceived.
Now all 4 of us sleep together, we have DD's Twin pushed up against our bed, and our little guy in between us in the King.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:26 PM   #25
turbogirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

K, mommas! Be routing for me. We're getting out the measuring tape and trying to decide!! Thanks for all your convincing and encouraging notes! I'll keep you posted!
Old 05-22-2011, 09:27 PM   #26
turbogirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

No re-routing necessary - I was looking for ya'll to be ROOTING for me! LOL
Old 05-23-2011, 01:32 AM   #27
uncertain
Registered Users
seller

Good luck, mama!
There is no way, no how that I would ever co-sleep in a double bed. I don't think I could sleep with even one other person in a double
As it is now, we are 4 small-ish people in a king + twin pushed together and it's still too small!!!! Go big, you won't regret it, and your DH won't either I bet! Make a budget and show him where you can cut other expenses & put that money towards a bigger bed.
uncertain is offline   Reply With Quote