Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-04-2011, 09:38 PM   #1
Jelliebean
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Best 'getting ready for baby' book for TODDLERS!

I have the Berenstain Bears new one about having another baby and the Little Critters one in my amazon cart, but I was willing to bet there's a better one.

DS is just into those books, so I thought that might make it more appealing?!

Any tips?

He'll be 3 next month.

Advertisement

The Purple Penguin on DS
Jelliebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:55 AM   #2
veveland
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Best 'getting ready for baby' book for TODDLERS!

Those have both been favorites at our house!
Old 08-05-2011, 09:37 AM   #3
mapleleaf88
Registered Users
seller

We got the little critters one - super good!! It sets really good expectations that your new sibling is gonna be pretty boring at first! Hehehe

IIRC the bearnstein one deals with jealousy too. Id get both!
Old 08-05-2011, 09:59 AM   #4
munchkinsmama2007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I bought one for DS that was written by Dr. Sears and his wife (the name is escaping me at the moment) that was pretty good. It was written for kids, explained everything in kid-friendly terms (and gave alternatives for parents to use), and included more information that parents could choose to discuss with their children...or not.

Just looked it up on Amazon. It's called Baby on the Way by Martha and William Sears, Christie Watts Kelly, and Renee Andriani. It even tries to help kids understand morning sickness (by telling them it's like when they eat too much cake and ice cream, only Mommy might feel that way all the time), Mommy being tired a lot. It's for preschool-grade 2.
Brianne, married to my sweetheart Eric, mommy to Reuben(4), and expecting #2 on or around 1-9-12
munchkinsmama2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:23 AM   #5
Jelliebean
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchkinsmama2007 View Post
I bought one for DS that was written by Dr. Sears and his wife (the name is escaping me at the moment) that was pretty good. It was written for kids, explained everything in kid-friendly terms (and gave alternatives for parents to use), and included more information that parents could choose to discuss with their children...or not.

Just looked it up on Amazon. It's called Baby on the Way by Martha and William Sears, Christie Watts Kelly, and Renee Andriani. It even tries to help kids understand morning sickness (by telling them it's like when they eat too much cake and ice cream, only Mommy might feel that way all the time), Mommy being tired a lot. It's for preschool-grade 2.

Oh geeze, sounds like something I could have used earlier!!!
Poor Q (he's not 3 yet) always says "Mommy feels sick?" because I was sick SO MUCH! Or if I go to the Drs, he asks if I feel sick again! He's so sweet!!!

I'll check that one out, but I'll get the 2 in my cart anyways! He's really into those characters, so it might be a good choice for him! Thanks ladies!

The Purple Penguin on DS
Jelliebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:38 AM   #6
mapleleaf88
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelliebean

Poor Q (he's not 3 yet) always says "Mommy feels sick?" because I was sick SO MUCH! Or if I go to the Drs, he asks if I feel sick again! He's so sweet!!!

I'll check that one out, but I'll get the 2 in my cart anyways! He's really into those characters, so it might be a good choice for him! Thanks ladies!
I didnt tell my stepson until the morning (errr.. all-freakin' day) sickness stopped because I was worried he'd resent the baby for making me sick. ...
The small genius figured it out, though!! He made a pair of pants out of paper and was like 'I made these for the new baby!' I was like, 'uhhh... what new baby?' And he says 'ummm.... im not sure...' hahahahaha hes a little older though at 5.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:08 AM   #7
munchkinsmama2007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelliebean View Post

I noticed they have another one for kids, to help with after the baby comes, called "What Babies Need", too. Same authors.
Brianne, married to my sweetheart Eric, mommy to Reuben(4), and expecting #2 on or around 1-9-12
munchkinsmama2007 is offline   Reply With Quote