Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-23-2011, 09:51 AM   #11
Darth Hooka
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Trend Lab diapers???

LOL @ malicious. Why take a negative product review so sensitively if you do not have stake in the company?

Ive been cleaning with microfiber towels all morning and my hands feel like sandpaper. My husband accidentally put a flip insert MF side up on my kid in his CDing inexperience and after being in the diaper for about 30 minutes she was pink. I would not advocate MF right up against babies skin.

Now if trend lab has a different sort of microfiber, I'd be interested in HOW its different than the standard MF used in other leading cloth diapering companies diapers.

Advertisement

Old 05-23-2011, 10:35 AM   #12
cjslater1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Greenline used to have microfiber bamboo inserts and when people said they didn't like the idea of it they changed to bamboo cotton, no one said they had issues with it just wanted a different choice. I don't think it is wrong for people to be concerned about something like that and it isn't malicious, it is kind of liking saying unless you are our customer we don't care, but how do you get new customers then? I haven't tried them, but just think maybe an option for something different would be good seeing as how this community is pretty tight, it may help with business.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:53 AM   #13
Apesie25
Banned

Sorry if my choice of word is funny. I was referring to that fact she was stating that I was swaying someone to put their child's health in jeopardy...that's a horrible thing to state. I do not have stake or ties to this company, I'm just advocating a product that works...because I've actually tried them...just like everyone else does with a product they like. It's not a negative "product review" when the product hasn't even been used to write a review. MF cleaning cloths are not the same as the microfiber in bedding, clothing, or any other product that uses it. Yes, those cloths are horrible to touch, they are also used for a different purpose. People are very passionate when it comes to their children and the products that are used on them. From what I've seen on other blogs the company stated they are coming up with another option, a different choice. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what that is. I didn't make comments to pick fights with others. MissHanson was looking for someones feed back who's used them, I've used them, and they work great.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:36 AM   #14
Darth Hooka
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

but HOW is it different than the normal, run of the mill MF in most cloth diaper inserts? is it the material used on couches (micro suede)? The fabric used in bum genius, flip, kawaii etc inserts is the exact same fabric used to clean cars, used as kitchen rags and so on an so forth.

If trend lab does indeed have a brand spankin new fabric similar to micro fiber but with out the negatives of MF then Id be interested in photos and information on the fabric composition.

Ive seen trend lab diapers in packages in a store. Looks lik the MF is the same type used on most MF inserts.

Old 05-23-2011, 11:39 AM   #15
xixicama
Registered Users
seller

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHH AHAHAHAH REALLY????!!!!! i have to subscribe to this thread just to see where it goes. so this apesie person joins DS in march and ONLY posts about these trend lab diapers. THEN, and this is by far the real kicker, TREND LAB THEMSELF joins DS THIS MONTH to defend the diapers. this is so great. I smell 2 rats. and i'm certain they are the same rat lol.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:49 AM   #16
jessi4jc
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Hooka
but HOW is it different than the normal, run of the mill MF in most cloth diaper inserts? is it the material used on couches (micro suede)? The fabric used in bum genius, flip, kawaii etc inserts is the exact same fabric used to clean cars, used as kitchen rags and so on an so forth.

If trend lab does indeed have a brand spankin new fabric similar to micro fiber but with out the negatives of MF then Id be interested in photos and information on the fabric composition.

Ive seen trend lab diapers in packages in a store. Looks lik the MF is the same type used on most MF inserts.
Exactly! I have seen countless people who have taken kawaii's advice to lay a MF insert against the skin and then have come here to ask why their baby has horrible rash!

It was not a personal accusation but you are hell bent on endorsing this diaper when it is well known that MICROFIBER SHOULD NOT BE USED AGAINST THE SKIN.

To op follow your instinct. These diapers are so cheap because they are a poor product design. When trend lab cares to fix the flaw in their product then I will buy one!

IDSO: Noro Sekku in Citrus, Lilac, Sand. Please.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:01 PM   #17
Apesie25
Banned

Yes, I joined in March. Why would I have joined sooner when my son wasn't even born yet. Xixicama only joined in April, who cares, you have to be new at some point. And yes, I've commented on these particular CD because they are the only ones that I've tried. It doesn't make sense to me make comments about diapers that I haven't used and to tell someone not to use a product without trying it first. And no, I'm not this Kim person from Trend Lab. I don't get kicks out of making multiple profiles to pose as other people. My insert says polyester and polyamide. I have plenty of other items in my house with microfiber as the fabric but uses a different fiber make up. I'm passionate about textiles and designs and new products because that's what I went to school for. And when I'm called a rat I will defend myself. A simple question for someones opinion on an item people personally have used (which none of you have) turned into a childish bashing against the only person who has used it and has had success with it. I support the product and I'm happy to let people know that I recommend it.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:24 PM   #18
jessi4jc
Registered Users
seller

We HAVE used the product. Every person has used microfiber at some point. We are familiar with it.

IDSO: Noro Sekku in Citrus, Lilac, Sand. Please.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:35 PM   #19
Darth Hooka
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessi4jc View Post
We HAVE used the product. Every person has used microfiber at some point. We are familiar with it.
Yup.

I LOLed when the web site says to wash the microfiber 5-10 times. What a waste of water, money and time!

Old 05-23-2011, 01:45 PM   #20
chapmanrl6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I tried Trend lab diapers by purchasing them through Amazon with the coupons I had. I found the diapers to be well made, but I agree microfiber is not meant to be placed directly against your baby's skin. It seriously dries out their skin and caused an awful rash on my DD's skin. I had to place another insert (cotton) over the mf insert in order to use this diaper. This is one of the reasons I have always preferred pockets or AIO where the fabric next to my child is microfleece, diaper flannel or cotton.