Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-23-2011, 08:18 AM   #21
corrielainedd
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Trend Lab diapers???

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendlabllc View Post
My name is Kim and I am the Customer Service Manager at Trend Lab. We are disturbed by your negative comments regarding our products. We would like to see the notification that you are referring to about our refusal to do anything about complaints. To date, we have not received a single valid complaint from actual users of our cloth diapers. We have done extensive testing usage through daycare providers who have multiple age groups through volunteers and from consumers. The only issue we have is the slanderous comments on cloth diapering blogs from people who have not even used our products. You are asking us to come up with a solution to a problem that no one using the product has experienced. If you wish to discuss this please call me at our toll free number (866-873-6352) as I would sincerely like to resolve the issues you have with our product.
I was one of the people who, as a concerned cloth diapering mom, emailed your company. I saw the diapers at a local consignment store(not on consignment, but for sale new). And I was very concerned about first time cloth diaper-ers seeing the great price, cute look, and trying that out for their first cloth diaper.... then their baby having a terrible rash from it and them blaming just CLOTH DIAPERS, not knowing it was the microfiber.

Now, the response I got from the company was promising. They stated they would immediately start making them with a cotton or microfleece layer on top of the microfiber, and make sleeves of cotton or microfleece to slip over the already made ones. Has that happened... NO.

Have I tried Trend Lab diapers? NO. I would LOVE to try them, I love the price, I love that they can be purchased local, I love that they look well made. But I WILL NOT put by baby's bum on the lab table in order to test out if the microfiber will hurt her or not. If you put up a poll on here, asking the moms who thinks microfiber is a no-no against baby's skin, your going to get at least a 90% yes. The other 10% is those whos babies for some reason dont have issues with it (idk why) or new-cd-ers who dont know about it yet.

If the company changes what they said they would change, Im sure I would pick up a few

Advertisement

SAHM/WAHM to DD1 born Nov. 20, '08, and DD2 Oct. 12, '10. Expecting #3 end of Jan 2015 (team green) wifey to my wonderful DH !
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Cor...20931291290000
Old 06-23-2011, 09:33 AM   #22
RainbowLullaby
Registered
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjslater1 View Post
Greenline used to have microfiber bamboo inserts and when people said they didn't like the idea of it they changed to bamboo cotton, no one said they had issues with it just wanted a different choice. I don't think it is wrong for people to be concerned about something like that and it isn't malicious, it is kind of liking saying unless you are our customer we don't care, but how do you get new customers then? I haven't tried them, but just think maybe an option for something different would be good seeing as how this community is pretty tight, it may help with business.
Thank you for taking note about Green Line switching for their customers. I do agree with both parties. Microfibre comes in a variety of forms, and it is really hard to say how one brand of microfibre is made vs another.

Green Line soakers were made with 30% bamboo and 70% microfibre, we never had any complaints with people having breakouts/rashes. However we did have a few people mention wanting more natural fibres in the soakers and so we looked into switching the make up of our soakers. Not an easy task by any means. But all in all I think our now %70 bamboo and %30 cotton soakers will do the trick

Sorry to hear people are saying negative reviews on diapers they haven't tried. Maybe if you are concerned with the microfibre you could use a thin fleece liner to cover the insert?. That way you can still use the Trend Lab diapers you purchased.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:40 AM   #23
RainbowLullaby
Registered
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessi4jc View Post
We HAVE used the product. Every person has used microfiber at some point. We are familiar with it.
Do you currently have any inserts with Microfibre? What is the make up of these ones? I'd be curious to see if they are polyester and polyamide or something different.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:40 AM   #24
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

oh man. **** me sideways this thread is getting good. I have to save this to my favorites bar.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:33 AM   #25
jessi4jc
Registered Users
seller

LOL@Serenajean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowLullaby

Do you currently have any inserts with Microfibre? What is the make up of these ones? I'd be curious to see if they are polyester and polyamide or something different.
I currently have hundreds of inserts with microfiber. Flip inserts which do the right thing and cover with suedecloth. Thirsties inserts which also do the right thing and cover with fleece. Additionally I have FB, HH, RMD, BG, Kawaii, Sunbaby, WAHM and trifold inserts. All meant to be used IN a pocket and not against baby's skin.

I have seen, felt, played with one of the diapers in person. I answered a Craigslist ad once for FB and the momma tried to pawn TL off on me as well. They look, feel and function just like every other piece of microfiber I have ever seen. The lady was destashing her diapers because her baby "always had diaper rash" and you have another mom on this thread who used them and said they gave her daughter a horrible rash. Quoting her below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmanrl6
I tried Trend lab diapers by purchasing them through Amazon with the coupons I had. I found the diapers to be well made, but I agree microfiber is not meant to be placed directly against your baby's skin. It seriously dries out their skin and caused an awful rash on my DD's skin. I had to place another insert (cotton) over the mf insert in order to use this diaper. This is one of the reasons I have always preferred pockets or AIO where the fabric next to my child is microfleece, diaper flannel or cotton.
Microfiber is microfiber. The highly absorbent and magical wicking properties that make it great as an insert also make it terrible against the skin. You can put perfume on the pig anyway you want but based on the diapers that I have personally handled, microfiber is still microfiber.

What is so sad about the whole thing is that it is a simple fix but the company's resistance to take feed back from both current and prospective customers leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Sent from iPhone which is out to get me for some reason that is unbeknownst to me. Via DS Forum.

IDSO: Noro Sekku in Citrus, Lilac, Sand. Please.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:36 AM   #26
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Apesie25
Ashley B
mom3harper
trendlab
cleopatra1024
mommato3bb
trendlabllc

All are the same person.Just confirmed it. Thanks to the mama who reported this.

Old 07-09-2011, 05:39 AM   #27
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

Will they be banned?

I think it would be nice to have a thread about this company trying to shrill on diaperswappers if appreopriate so other moms are aware of their unethical practices.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:32 AM   #28
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I did ban all users.

Not sure about an actual thread. You can ask Juan M and Sally

Closed Thread