Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-29-2007, 03:02 PM   #11
Registered Users
Re: anyone with older kids?

We have 2 boys. They are 8 and 6 yrs old. I made a list of what they are supposed to do. I taped it up on the wall. If they do the chores. They get a special treat. Movie night, Walk to the park, Walk down to BK and have lunch together. stuff like that. I don't believe in giving allowances. Chores are something we do as a family. They do not need to be paid to do them.

Multiple final warnings, yet still using inappropriate avatars and posts

Last edited by pinkflamingos77; 03-29-2007 at 03:05 PM.
pinkflamingos77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 03:09 PM   #12
Registered Users
Location: Diligently working on getting out of the hellish state of FL
My Mood:

OH mama! I have a 16, 10, 8, 6, .... and I SWEAR to GOD I say the same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER chore charts are a JOKE. I literally have to stand over them to get anything done. They know what their chores are but to do them??? HA! Threats don't work, tears don't work. Me leaving the house to go to Holy Hell doens not work.. I am at my wits end. And it has hgotten SO bad that it is affecting my helth because I sweat I am OCD and I can't handle a mess so I go ballistic when the place looks the way it does. I know I cannot have the spotless house I once had bur COME ON! I should not have to live in filth and these kids seem not to care. RANT!
Zona:mom to 10
zonapellucida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 03:37 PM   #13
Registered Users

I am going to restart the idea of having jobs posted on the fridge (we just moved). That way, they can decide how much work they want to invest. This is not in place of regular helping out, but in addition to it.
bean3 is offline   Reply With Quote