Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-23-2011, 09:33 AM   #1
Registered Users
Brewers Yeast

I topped my FroYo with some last night, yeah I actually don't mind the taste. This morning I am a bit, ahem, musical. Will it give the baby gas as well? Should I stick to using it in lactation cookies and not use it uncooked?

JonnieGreener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:42 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Ha! I don't know if it will give the baby gas but I would think it would not. The yeast being broken down in your gut causes the gas bubbles so my guess is it doesn't do the same in your milk. I could be totally wrong though.
Caroline-happily married to Keith since 4/27/02; momma to D (5/10/05), M (2/10/07) and S (3/25/11)
carolineb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:45 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Brewers Yeast

I've never noticed gas with brewer's yeast. I agree with PP; it shouldn't be a problem with the baby.

One of the best ways to eat brewer's yeast is on buttered popcorn. It's a bit of an acquired taste but is entirely addictive. Popcorn tastes bland to me without it.
littlehands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:24 PM   #4
Registered Users
Brewers yeast is deactivated beer yeast meaning its already been "cooked." So, yup you can eat it raw! Don't know about the gas though. I always thought the gas came from live yeast, but apparently not.

Sent from my phone using DS Forum
Sara wifey to Chad and momma to Lily (4/11)

Sunny due in October!

We're a breastfeedin', babywearin', vax delayin', un-circumcisin', cloth diaperin', bedsharin', home birthin', atheist family from Texas!
Sarawithouth is offline   Reply With Quote