Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-23-2011, 05:54 PM   #1
Mama2ManyBoyz
Registered Users
seller

Sigh...

My friend and I licensed for foster care through the same agency, with the same caseworker. I finished the week before her, but our paperwork was faxed to the state DCFS office on the SAME day. She received a hard copy of her license on Thursday...mine is still MIA. I'm sure everything is fine, but it's throwing me into a panic because I know our info was faxed on the same day and I live just one town over from her. Any thoughts?

Advertisement

Old 05-24-2011, 07:04 AM   #2
luvbeingmomma
Registered Users

Re: Sigh...

Dont worry. Yours will prob come any day. If you havent heard anything in a couple of weeks, call your worker. Nothing happens as fast or as smoothly as we would like when dealing with DHS.
luvbeingmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:38 PM   #3
sillyutalktome
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We're in a similar boat, I was told we should have our license by Friday, but it's not here. It does tend to make one nervous doesn't it!
Old 05-24-2011, 06:46 PM   #4
an_aurora
Registered Users

Hugs, I remember that very well. Ours took over three months to come, when everyone else's took a week it was because they lost our background check, so we had to resubmit, and it took ages to redo since we lived in several states. Then the state lost our file again, but luckily our case manager had copies if everything so that was just a minor hiccup. We kept getting calls saying we had a placement waiting but we missed them all since we waited so long! Hopefully yours cones very soon!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
an_aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:21 PM   #5
Mama2ManyBoyz
Registered Users
seller

Three months...agh!!!!!!!! Our caseworker said she could issue an immediate permit if she needed to, but only if it's necessary...LOTS of paperwork. So not overly concerned we'll miss the right placement, but I still hate waiting!
Old 05-25-2011, 06:48 PM   #6
poopstermomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My state has a 50 day limit to approve applications, but my firends are waiting to get keyed, and the state offices got struck by lightning. They are totally freaking out. I'll tell you what I told them... Don't let the government stress you out!! It's their job to drag their feet and do things as slowly as possible!
poopstermomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:43 PM   #7
meesh38
Registered Users
seller

The waiting is so hard, but I'm positive it has nothing to do with you, just the way things get held up. I do remember getting called with my first placement before I had a hard copy of my license, so hopefully it won't hold you up at all.
meesh38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:07 PM   #8
Mama2ManyBoyz
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesh38 View Post
The waiting is so hard, but I'm positive it has nothing to do with you, just the way things get held up. I do remember getting called with my first placement before I had a hard copy of my license, so hopefully it won't hold you up at all.
Funny you mentioned that...we were contacted about an adoptive placement. We're not ready to make a decision so nothing has come of it yet, but yah I'm not sure how much merit the actual hard copy holds.