Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-23-2011, 07:13 PM   #1
revmommy
Registered Users
seller

what is your best remedy for morning sickness?

I seem to get sicker with each pregnancy, and as this is #7, I fear it could get ugly. So far, not too bad, But the preggy pops didn't work after #4, ginger snaps after #2, etc. I have an old scrip for zofran, but it is out of date. I haven't been to teh ob yet b/c I am waiting for a day when I can leave the other kids with Daddy or at VBS and I can run out there to make sure all is well before I tell them. In the meantime, I'm starting to feel a little quesy now and then. What are your best remedies?

Advertisement

revmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:27 AM   #2
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: what is your best remedy for morning sickness?

This pregnancy I have been taking 25mg of B6 in the morning and at night and it seems to keep it at bay.
I am also wearing sea bands on my wrist and recently found preggie pop drops and they are awesome!!
Oh and slushy lemonade is awesome!! Real lemonade!
Peppermint tea I am told helps but I am out right now and havent been out to get anymore. I also found some tea called "Morning wellness tea" from earth mama I think that has ginger, peppermint, citrus. . . . Its supposed to help.
mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:45 AM   #3
CASMama711
Registered Users
Formerly: chmom77
seller

Zofran, it's the only thing that has ever worked for me and I've tried it all!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:33 AM   #4
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've noticed in my own experience that the moms that eat less processed food tend to have less morning sickness. It could just be a fluke, but it can't hurt to avoid processed food/sugar/carbohydrates.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:11 AM   #5
ma-meem
Registered Users
Formerly: ecoMama2b
seller

B6! did wonders for me.
also, here's an awesome article on Natural Relief for Morning Sickness
Old 05-24-2011, 11:37 AM   #6
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516 View Post
I've noticed in my own experience that the moms that eat less processed food tend to have less morning sickness. It could just be a fluke, but it can't hurt to avoid processed food/sugar/carbohydrates.
I've found it to be the opposite for me. The only things I can stomach are typically carbs, sugars and processed foods! Since I've given in to my desires my morning sickness has dramatically decreased. I've been wanting nachos like CRAZY! Nachos only with processed cheese not some fufu homemade ones. Nope! I need that liquidy, gooey cheese!! I have been going down to my old work just to eat off their taco truck! LOL Otherwise I'm at Taco Bell way too often! It's weird. There's something about nachos that just instantly makes me feel better!
I haven't gained weight, in fact I've lost weight, so it's not effecting me that way like I was worried, I had just lost 25lbs (since late Jan) when I got pregnant.

I think it's really an individual thing! I loved sour candies, not the Preggy Pops, but like Sour Patch Kids or Sour Skitttles. Much cheaper too! And some people may not agree (if they don't drink caff while pregnant) but RedBull really helps. It's got 250% of your Vitamin B6 which really helps. The carbonation really helps and gives me a little energy as well when I normally feel so fatigued. If push comes to shove I wouldn't hesitate to take an Rx, but if other things work I would explore those first. Some people highly recommend the Amber and Rosewood necklaces, like for babies but for mommies.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:41 AM   #7
mommyfrog
Registered Users

I drank the pink Powerade last time. I think it's strawberry lemonade. It has lots of B vitamins so that is probably what helped!! And I'm sure the other flavors would work as well, but they made me gag.
Jeanie, wife of Paul, mommy of Aurora-20 and married (5/23/94), Oliver-18 (12/27/95), Simon-15 (9/11/98), Savannah-14 (4/9/00), Harrison-11 (2/26/03), Genevieve-9 (2/24/05), and Sebastian-6 (4/24/08), Precious Baby Girl (lost 8/10), Magnus-(4/26/14)
mommyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:51 AM   #8
swedishmaiden
Registered Users
seller

I tried everything and really, it took Zofran to do anything. I tried not getting hungry, drinking ginger or peppermint tea, B6, Unisom, living on popsicles, getting more sleep, snacking on protein, whatever. Nothing stopped the vomiting except Zofran.
swedishmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:25 PM   #9
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinKristi View Post
I've found it to be the opposite for me. The only things I can stomach are typically carbs, sugars and processed foods! Since I've given in to my desires my morning sickness has dramatically decreased. I've been wanting nachos like CRAZY! Nachos only with processed cheese not some fufu homemade ones. Nope! I need that liquidy, gooey cheese!! I have been going down to my old work just to eat off their taco truck! LOL Otherwise I'm at Taco Bell way too often! It's weird. There's something about nachos that just instantly makes me feel better!
I haven't gained weight, in fact I've lost weight, so it's not effecting me that way like I was worried, I had just lost 25lbs (since late Jan) when I got pregnant.

I think it's really an individual thing! I loved sour candies, not the Preggy Pops, but like Sour Patch Kids or Sour Skitttles. Much cheaper too! And some people may not agree (if they don't drink caff while pregnant) but RedBull really helps. It's got 250% of your Vitamin B6 which really helps. The carbonation really helps and gives me a little energy as well when I normally feel so fatigued. If push comes to shove I wouldn't hesitate to take an Rx, but if other things work I would explore those first. Some people highly recommend the Amber and Rosewood necklaces, like for babies but for mommies.
LMAO. hehe. You know, I craved Taco Bell kind of early in my pregnancy also. Then the heightened sense of taste really kicked in and I could taste the frozen-ness of the previously frozen lettuce..and I haven't been back since!

I actually didn't have morning sickness at all, but I hear a lot of moms swear by B6.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:05 PM   #10
Mystery
Registered Users
seller

I take B6 daily when not pregnant and continued while pregnant. Super sour candies and keeping my tummy full. Right when it was so bad that I thought I couldn't take it any longer, it got better.
Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote