Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-08-2011, 10:27 PM   #1
Registered Users
Daycare/Preschool help San Antonio

Hi moms we are thinking about making the jump to San Antonio, but Im very nervous about daycare/preschools since my mother has been watching him. Is there any that you can recommend? We are looking to move around the 78230 or 78213 area but if you know of any other places besides those areas please let me know

Married to my best friend and soul mate
mama to 5 year old Mannix
and 1 year old Elias
mandasbrighteyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:12 AM   #2
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
My Mood:
Re: Daycare/Preschool help San Antonio

When we moved here we looked in those areas, but honestly, the school capping issues scared us off. Some of the schools there are great, but some of them are NOT, and you can't buy a house in a district that sends their kids to XXX school, because if it is capped then they go to YYY school. Even if they started out in XXXX school, they can be switched. It really bothered me, so we bought a place where all the surrounding schools were good schools. There were some very nice places, there, though, and we nearly bought a place in Deerfield, but the school thing worried me too much, so we bought outside the 1604.

I can't help with preschools, sorry. My youngest is 3.5, but I've been avoiding the whole issue, which is easy since she isn't toilet trained yet (she has minor global delays). But it's going to rear its head next year, and I'm going to have to bite the bullet and find her one.
Wife to my Navy doc, SAHM to 4 (11, 8, 5, 1)
Minniebees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:54 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

A 3 you can enroll him into headstart. There is one down the street off of pilgrim/Vance Jackson.
Melissa momma to Chloe Exene and baby # 2 due in August <3
blackflaggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:20 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

I live in 78230 & the public school near us (neighbor kid goes there) are ick. I have already started homeschooling my 4 yo. BUT that's not daycare. I really don't know personally since I stay at home with the kids, but my other neighbors use DC for their 1 yr old (ours were born just a few days apart!) & they are very happy. So I'll ask about that.
Outdoor loving Texas mama of two great girls! Owner of only diaper service in San Antonio, TX!
stompykitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:07 AM   #5
Registered Users

I am thinking about relocating from Austin to San Antonio, and would like some daycare suggestions too! Thank you in advance!!!
tiffanycreuz is offline   Reply With Quote