Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-25-2011, 11:07 AM   #1
kristinc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Talking experienced ELBEE mamas...we NEED your help!

Ok ELBEES mama's we need help! With the ELBEE co-op going on we have so many questions.

Anyone have pics of the bB's on their lo?

Also how does the sizing run?

Do you need a doubler?

Are these night time worthy?

How about the regular front snapping diapers...do they run true-to-size?

Everyone feel free to jump in with your questions and or if you have answers we all would really appreciate it...the co-op thread is getting mucked up with lots of none co-op type questions

THANKS!!!

Advertisement

kristinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:15 AM   #2
sweetgrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: experienced ELBEE mamas...we NEED your help!

Awesome! Thanks for asking this question
Old 05-25-2011, 11:29 AM   #3
AngelTV83
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Can't wait to see, hear! I am working on DH because I want to get some of these and am not preg yet haha we are planning on another one in the nextr year or two. These just seem so difficult to get your hands on I don't want to miss my chance and at such a great price.

Due May 2013
AngelTV83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:34 AM   #4
kaireece
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would love to see pics of the doubler vs the superdoubler

As well, the diapers that I own have a layer inside the diaper for absorbancy. Is the speed dry version no internal soaker, just external soakers and doublers? are they snap on? or just lay in?

ISO: restraint.
kaireece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:35 AM   #5
mom2ls
Registered Users
seller

OK, I think they're cute and all so I bought two off HC used. I bought the XL side snaps (I think) and they are well made and trim however I didn't care for them. I ended up basically giving one away and we don't use the other one at all. They fit my then 12 m/o 25# boy just fine however IMO they didn't live up to the hype. They didn't work wonders for absorbency for us and couldn't use them for night time at all. I really think I'm alone in my experience though b/c everyone else seems to love them. Who knows...good luck!
Old 05-25-2011, 11:44 AM   #6
kaireece
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I guess I can add in my experience with them. They were my fave diaper for my son whom I started cloth diapering at about a year. He wore mediums and PL out of mediums. I didn't like the side snaps or the medium-long size. I found it to have too high a rise for him - but if you have a long skinny toddler they might work well and I just prefer front snaps.

They were by far the trimmest diaper I tried and used. The workmanship and attention to detail is crazy awesome.

I did not like the doublers - they bunched up a bit and were just awkward sized. That said - I prefer a doubler to count on catching gross peanut butter poop so I like a big doubler that catches everything. The doubler works awesome for diaper when catching pee I just like a wider backend

This was NOT a nighttime diaper for me. AT ALL. This was a daytime,, trim as a sposie, beautiful diaper that was super comfortable for my little guy to run around in. For nighttime we used a goodmama, with a sandy's bamboo doubler, along with a hemp insert (random from some doubler I had bought) with wool overtop. Maybe I had a heavy wetter:shrug:

I haven't seen a bB.
and I can't compare to other sized diapers - elbee was pretty much the only sized diaper i had (and one lonely mutt!)

hope that helps someone!

ETA - I don't remember my son's weight and rise etc....but he is always and has always been a 50% baby! usually in the middle of height and growth.

ISO: restraint.
kaireece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:59 AM   #7
Beesgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm curious as to what the bB is that everyone keeps asking about...

Kate, mama to
Miles (2.11.06), Levi (6.24.09) and Isaac (9.25.11)
Beesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:07 PM   #8
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I guess I'll chime in here too.

I only have experience with the new bB in the medium size. My LO is 15 months and 26lbs. and it fits him perfectly. The diapers are about 2 inches shorter than the OS Sbish snapless. This is the TRIMEST fitted I've tried. His wool is loose when he wears these! We use the doubler wrapped in fleece for stay dry. My son is usually at heavy wetter, but for some reason this holds him overnight (with wool). He's still a night nurser, but it holds him the same as Sbish. The regular doubler is about the same size as the Sbish too. The sizing is kinda a wider range than their snapped as you can fold down the rise. We're growing out of mediums (my son is chunky with a big bottom = bigger rise) so we're going to get larges and fold them down.

I like that the diaper doesn't have serged edging, although I can see how the trim may wear down before the rest of the diaper. I think the quality of this diaper is really nice and they do have good resale value.

I remember seeing a picture of the speed-dry. With regular diapers the internal soaker is underneath the velour and the diaper is smooth facing baby. With the speed-dry diaper, the interal soaker is only sewn on the top and the bottom is loose for quicker drying. Our bB are regular and I find them to dry the same amount of time as the rest of our diapers.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:22 PM   #9
Martina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have only one Large elbee Speeddry.
It is super trim, the workmanship is amazing but, the binding does show wear(after a year of use)
It definetly needs a doubler.
This size fits my 3.5yo and my 2yo, but they are long and slim.
I think my 2yo would fit a medium long much better.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:43 PM   #10
kristinc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

keep the responses coming mamas! thanks!
kristinc is offline   Reply With Quote