Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-25-2011, 12:57 PM   #11
adahsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: experienced ELBEE mamas...we NEED your help!

Love elbee diapers!

Sorry for the crappy phone pictures, but I just did these really quickly.
Here is a regular doubler and a super doubler. The super is bigger and has another layer, I believe. Pink is super doubler and brown is regular.

A regular and a speed dry diaper together. The pink stitching is a speed dry. It is just two layers of material in the body, and the doubler lays in separately. The regular diaper has rainbow stitching. It has a sewn in internal soaker.

Same two diapers, interior.

I hope that helps!

Advertisement

Last edited by adahsmom; 05-25-2011 at 01:00 PM.
adahsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:03 PM   #12
Green MM
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

They are very trim which i like, by far the trimmest fitted i have. They are definitely not night worthy. I have a heavy wetter so I'm hoping to be able to add zorb but we'll see. I like the regular much better than the quick dry for that reason. The quick dry has no soaker just a lay in one. Even the regular with a doubler i have to change after an hour or two but I probably need to prep them more. The fit is awesome. My 9mo. old wears the med. side snap & the front med long. He is tall & skinny though w/ chubby thighs so the med. long is only a little big for him which i would prefer to a little small. lol.
Green MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:04 PM   #13
SabraLeane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What are the 3 internal soaker layers made of?

Wifey for Lifey to my Hot hubby Will Mommy to 2 rowdy little boys. Jacob 1/19/05 and Elijah (Eli) 5/14/08 and our sweet baby girl Olivia Nicole 6/12/11
Swag with me and earn FREE money http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/SabraLeane
SabraLeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:08 PM   #14
adahsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think that the sizing on the website is a little on the small side. DD is 15 months, 22 pounds, tall and skinny. She has a very short rise. She can wear smalls, s/m and mediums. I've used elbees on three kids and never needed anything bigger than a medium.

I wouldn't use elbee's at night. We don't use cloth at night with this little one, but they are day diapers IMO. DD is a heavy wetter, so we always use a doubler.

If you haven't ever had or seen an elbee, they take a little getting used to. They are not high rise, full coverage diapers. It is like the difference between briefs and bikinis in underwear. They are very trim and low rise.

I've never found anything like them for my skinny kids!
Old 05-25-2011, 02:09 PM   #15
sweetgrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Has anybody tried the large bB's? Do the bB's fold down like the Sbish snapless multis? All the pictures of the Elbee's show that they fold down in just one spot. They are adjustable correct? Also, to those that have used the doublers....are they worth it or would you recommend something else?
Old 05-25-2011, 02:40 PM   #16
whirlwindwoman
Banned

My Mood:

We have an XL with a super doubler. It's definately a day time diaper. Trim, soft, comfy, but not hugely absorbant.

I'm so debating, I'd love a couple more, but by the time these get done he'll probably be potty learned. He's super close. Shrug.
whirlwindwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:41 PM   #17
kissum
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Anyone have pics of the bB's on their lo?
These are xs, and the rise is folded down in these. We aren't folding it down any more (6 weeks) . The xs bB fit earlier than the normal xs size.

Also how does the sizing run?

I think they fit longer than the size chart suggests.I think they are going to fit a lot longer than the regular xs here, because of the long wings and adjustability.

Do you need a doubler?

I don't really, but lots of people do.

Are these night time worthy?

Not without a really good doubler. I think they're better for day time.

How about the regular front snapping diapers...do they run true-to-size?

My dd PLed out of the m and m/l and never needed larges. I think the last a bit longer than the size chart suggests.

Has anybody tried the large bB's? Do the bB's fold down like the Sbish snapless multis? All the pictures of the Elbee's show that they fold down in just one spot. They are adjustable correct? Also, to those that have used the doublers....are they worth it or would you recommend something else?

I've only tried the xs, but they fold down as much/little as you want. I like their doublers, but it's more because I like things to match. And they are super trim diapers so I think it might be hard to find something else that fits well in it. I think they're worth the money.

I've got tons more pics of both ss and fs elbees (on both kids) if that will help!

Last edited by kissum; 05-25-2011 at 02:54 PM.
kissum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:45 PM   #18
burnsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks for the pics of the superdoubler....

I have a few, with regular doublers, and don't find them that absorbent with that. If I do order, I will def get superdoublers. I wish they were nightworthy though, b/c I want one stash of an entire brand.

His body, his choice.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:07 PM   #19
poppan
Registered Users
seller

Old 05-25-2011, 07:45 PM   #20
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

Okay here is a pic of some XS front snaps - with "quick dry" - which just means the "soaker" is loose vs. sewn in. oh and those are doll diapers in the pic too - to show size.

here is one with them next to XS sbish

I don't have the little baby for these yet...but the vibrant colors are to die for!!

I have used these on emma - in Med and M/l and they (IMO) run big - or fit a long time...the M/L are probably too big for her - still - she is 26 lbs right now...I will have to update tomorrow with a pic of her in one...

I have only used these withOUT an extra doubler - okay for day - not night worthy as is....but the doublers are kind of pricey when I can throw in somethign else I have here at home...unless you are OCD and want something matching...SBISH doublers fit nicely.

These are very nice looking diapers though and fun to pick colors

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here

Last edited by ohgirlohboyohno; 05-25-2011 at 08:31 PM.
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote