Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-27-2011, 07:21 AM   #41
Green MM
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: experienced ELBEE mamas...we NEED your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgirlohboyohno View Post
I would not think a LARGE elbee would fit a 3 or even 6 month old unless you just have really big babies. I have some M/L elbee that Emma wears and she is 26 lbs and 2.5 yrs old - in 2t clothing. I will say she is a long thin thing but still - she would probably even fit better in a medium. I compared my m/l elbee to my Large SBISH and they are about the same sizing wise - she can wear the large SBISH double stuffed for nights - the elbee is too big b/c we don't double stuff it. So, unless you believe that a large SBISH would be a good fit I think the Large elbee is going to be huge....they really do have a lot LOT of give/stretch in them. I will try to find my camera and take some pics - but we are in the process of moving and I don't know what box it is in.

This is of course just my opinion - and I will add I don't have "chubby" kids so no idea how that would change fit - my kids all run long and average weight usually - so that is how I fit diapers...oh and her diapers are meant to fit very low rise...so if you are going by the rise length keep that thought in mind...
Hmmm...i have large Sbish but med Elbees but i don't have the snapless ones of those either. Elbees are way more stretchy & trim & don't have as thick of soakers as Sbish but i use all soakers so makes difference in the fit. I would look at the waist measurements as a baby that young doesn't have a huge rise & the whole point of them imo is the trimness & if they are too big you won;t have that.

Advertisement

Green MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:04 AM   #42
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green MM View Post
Hmmm...i have large Sbish but med Elbees but i don't have the snapless ones of those either. Elbees are way more stretchy & trim & don't have as thick of soakers as Sbish but i use all soakers so makes difference in the fit. I would look at the waist measurements as a baby that young doesn't have a huge rise & the whole point of them imo is the trimness & if they are too big you won;t have that.
see, I think we are in agreement - a large SBISH would fit similar to a med elbee (in the snap versions of both) - I too do not have anything "snapless" either.

ETA - some more crappy cell phone pics
Emma in a M/L front snapping velour elbee - I consider this "the next size up" for her - she could fit in a med. but if I was buying her some new one sI would get this "to grow into"...she is 26 lbs and 36" tall...wears 2t clothing (but growing into 3t for length). This is a speed dry version/no extra doubler

this is why I consider them a little big on her - it rides up high on her hiney and gets a little "baggy" back there...if I add some extra doublers or something it probably would fit better...

see - lots of room back there (sitting)

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here

Last edited by ohgirlohboyohno; 05-27-2011 at 09:11 AM.
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:49 AM   #43
Zepp
DS Addict
Formerly: K*B*T*M*
seller
seller

My Mood:

ok those are too cute. I think I need to "unsubscribe" to this thread because I can't afford any more dipes for my personal use! (err..that of my baby) (:
Old 05-27-2011, 02:48 PM   #44
Mommieof3monkeys
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So do you think a medium el bee is the best choice? My babies are large around 25lbs at 6 months but they do not gain anything between then and 3 years old. My 3 year old is only 30lbs while my 16 month old is 27lbs. I just want to get the most wear out of them especially for the price. Do you think a large snapless el bee would be okay since I could fold down the rise? then when needed I could unfold it? Or should I stick with mediums? I plan on getting Bb's?
Amanda wife to Brandon and mama to 4 little ones. L 2005, E, 2008 S, 2010, T 2011, and expecting #5 in December after tubal ligation He's here 12/20/13 So very blessed!
Mommieof3monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:59 AM   #45
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommieof3monkeys View Post
So do you think a medium el bee is the best choice? My babies are large around 25lbs at 6 months but they do not gain anything between then and 3 years old. My 3 year old is only 30lbs while my 16 month old is 27lbs. I just want to get the most wear out of them especially for the price. Do you think a large snapless el bee would be okay since I could fold down the rise? then when needed I could unfold it? Or should I stick with mediums? I plan on getting Bb's?
i "believe" but I have never tried a bB myself...that the bB have longer wings - so would probably (possibly) fit a bigger round baby....like you said your 6 month old usually weighs 25 lbs...so is probably a little rolly polly and then for the next year just lengthens out...I would "personally" get mediums in the bB for that situation...I am afraid the rise on the large would be just TOO MUCH for a 6 month old...even though the weight seems right. For everything I have been reading about "other's experience" with elbee diapers that not many kids "need" a large...they can fit but they also tend to fit in something smaller just as well.

I might try to get my 40 lb kiddo in my m/l and see how that looks so you can compare with my 29 lb kiddo in the same diaper...let's see if he will cooperate
L

Okay here is an almost 4 yr old in a front snap elbee/velour - he is 40 lbs and about 42 inches tall

this is a little too small of course - especially in the length/rise - and for a boy but going around the waist he actually has one extra snap to make it a little bigger....HE would probably need a large - but again he is 40 lbs...and if you look back a couple posts I have some pics of emma in the same size m/l diaper (opposite colors) and she is 26 lbs and it is just a tad too long in the rise for her.

hope that helps some

I know it is hard to decide especially when you don't even have the kid there to measure it on...I bought some xs snap fitted, some s snap fitteds and some s bB for the new baby just cause I really have no idea!

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here

Last edited by ohgirlohboyohno; 05-29-2011 at 09:14 AM.
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:53 AM   #46
kissum
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I'd say M or M/L too, my dd pl'ed out of them and wasn't super tiny.
kissum is offline   Reply With Quote