Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-26-2011, 08:10 AM   #11
ANDREA0507
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone loan out diapers to convert a friend only to have them lost?

YES!! I have a friend that had a baby 3 weeks after me and when her baby was a couple months old, I got her a nice stash! She paid me for 8 kawaii's and 8 super cheap old-style fbs I got for her and then I loaned her 3 bum genius elementals, 3 bum genius 3.0s with both inserts, 6 gmd orange edge prefolds, econobum set, and flip set.

When she quit less than a month later (cuz she didn't like poop, too hard to wash, too bulky) she wanted me to sell the kawaii's and fb's but didn't even give all the fbs back and only like half of the kawaii's inserts and then was upset she wasted money trying cloth (She paid me like $85 for the diapers and I gave her $70 back after shipping what she gave back)

She ruined the PUL (got bleached out spots on it somehow ) on one of my like new bum genius elementals, only gave back like 2 of the 6 inserts for the bg 3.0's, didnt even try the econobum and flips, and only returned like 4 of the gmd orange edge prefolds...I ended up finding one when I visited her a few weeks later but I still only have 5 now UGH! haha

Guess she just wasn't cut out for cloth...I've spent days with her shopping and stuff (like 6-8 hours) and she will either not change him at all the whole time or maybe once.

Advertisement

Last edited by ANDREA0507; 05-26-2011 at 08:11 AM.
ANDREA0507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:16 AM   #12
Soph's Mom
Registered Users

Omg Andrea! She's definitely worse than the girl I know! You were insanely generous too! I just left a couple there!

The bad thing is that I have other moms that want to try and I'm hesitant bc of her even tho I know most mom's wouldn't be that way.

I have thought about saying I would wash loaned diapers myself just in case. I thought it was bad to lose one diaper... Let alone all the ones your friend did! How on earth?!
Soph's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:16 AM   #13
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soph's Mom View Post
Ugh... It was only a prefold but it was a nice newborn one... I brought a couple if my dipes over to show her and she decided instead of my pockets to try pins with her gerber prefolds and receiving blankets... She kept two of my prefolds there along with pins and a pair of plastic pants. She kept up with the econobum prefold and plastic pants but lost my pins and DSQ prefold... I'm so angry but I'm trying to be nice since she's a friend but why lose my good prefold? She didn't even stick with it for more than a day probably bc of what she insisted on using...

Sorry for the rant but I just wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else...
Sigh. That's exactly why I don't loan dipes. I don't want to be upset with a friend. And I've found that if they are serious about trying cloth diapers, they will buy their own "starter kit", whether that is new from the store or used from ebay/diaperswappers, etc... And those that aren't serious just talk about it but never do anything. Those are the ones that will lose or ruin your diapers while they "figure it out". That's the other reason I don't loan. I don't want them to "experiment" on my good diapers and ruin them...

Maybe next time, point your friend who is interested to a good place to get a few nice used diapers to "try out"
Old 05-26-2011, 08:28 AM   #14
Soph's Mom
Registered Users

Yeah, I probably won't loan them anymore...

And Andrea, I meant to comment on that poor baby staying in that nasty diaper. The only time my baby is in a diaper that long is over night and it's a huge heavy duty diaper. My mother still hates the cloth and finds it gross but I still bring it when we visit. I was there and had to use her front load he machine last time... That was a nightmare. I'll do my own little flats challenge next time I'm there that long! :-P
Soph's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:34 AM   #15
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

That SUCKS!!! People can be so rude. I very often give things away but hardly ever loan because of things like this. More often people just absorb your belongings and never return them

I thinks she tossed it too!
MDever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:41 AM   #16
Terra76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I did get mine back but ummmm they needed help
Terra76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:55 AM   #17
ANDREA0507
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soph's Mom View Post
Yeah, I probably won't loan them anymore...

And Andrea, I meant to comment on that poor baby staying in that nasty diaper. The only time my baby is in a diaper that long is over night and it's a huge heavy duty diaper. My mother still hates the cloth and finds it gross but I still bring it when we visit. I was there and had to use her front load he machine last time... That was a nightmare. I'll do my own little flats challenge next time I'm there that long! :-P
I think she just doesn't change unless it's pretty wet....I used sposies with my first son and I understand that feeling, I didn't wanna waste a diaper that just had a little pee in it disgusting to me now tho can't STAND a squishy sposie! PUKE!
Old 05-26-2011, 11:20 AM   #18
cutebluebaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marleysmom1207 View Post
When I loan things out I always ask myself: Will I be okay if this dipe doesn't come back to me in the same condition it's in now (or at all)? If I can't answer 'yes' to that, then I don't loan the item. I know it's hard, but things happen. I'm sure your friend didn't do it on purpose. And anyway, how do you lose a diaper? It'll probably turn up eventually.
I do this too.

I usually have a stack of stuff I want to sell anyways, or things that aren't getting much love. Those are what I usually loan out first, knowing full well I don't necessarily need them back, and if I don't see them again, there's no love loss. The last friend I loaned things to, I sent her a pocket, a few fitteds and some prefolds just to give her a variety of things. I do wish I had a few back for this bean though, but we didn't think we'd have another baby so quick.

Fabrics : Fitteds : Inserts : Boy Clothes : Girl Clothes
cutebluebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:43 AM   #19
hanhtam
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

sorry

Last edited by hanhtam; 05-26-2011 at 11:50 AM.
hanhtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:53 PM   #20
sammytomato
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know only too well how you can lose a diaper. I threw a prefold in the trash one night (along with my bra) and once I left a cover in a public restroom. I got the prefold back, but the cover was never found. I don't lend diapers out too often myself. My cousins an I do occasionally trade for a week or two to try different types of dipes but that's about it.
sammytomato is offline   Reply With Quote