Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-26-2011, 02:05 PM   #21
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone loan out diapers to convert a friend only to have them lost?

I learned my lesson too. I assumed that my friend knew she was BORROWING and apparently she did not. She returned the ones she didn't like and decided to save the others for a future baby... it was about 12 HHs OS diapers. Not my favs but I wish I could have sold them to get different ones. When I loaned them to her, I didn't realize DS existed so I wasn't thinking about that but now I know better. I have also loaned out other baby items - a pouch sling and a Bumbo seat that apparently I did not make it clear were only on LOAN.

It's nice to be generous but CDs are expensive!! I have to agree with PP that now, when I loan something out I accept that a) it might not get returned at all, or b) it will get returned in a much diminished condition that it was given out.

Sorry for your frustration mama!

Advertisement

justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:15 PM   #22
blane,j,&morgansmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone loan out diapers to convert a friend only to have them lost?

I loaned out 12 nearly new BSWW and 12 KL0's to my sister. They are gone forever. She is 17 and decided she didnt want to cloth diaper. She even admits to trashing a few of them. errrr
Old 05-26-2011, 04:57 PM   #23
Soph's Mom
Registered Users

Wow I feel guilty complaining about my loss... Some of y'all have had major losses! My condolences to you!

Andrea- I probably left disposables on longer than I should have in the first couple months before cding and while building my modest stash but it was out of ignorance and it was nowhere near 6 hours! I can't stand squishy sposies, the way they smell, dealing with trash bags of them etc. I'll admit that there are usually some in the house that my mother buys but they last months and there are very few times I will use them... Dh could go either way with cloth vs sposies now that I have some pockets he can use but he did tell people at a car show at that they were healthier and more comfortable! He's learning!
Soph's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote