Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-25-2011, 10:07 PM   #1
Soph's Mom
Registered Users

Anyone loan out diapers to convert a friend only to have them lost?

Ugh... It was only a prefold but it was a nice newborn one... I brought a couple if my dipes over to show her and she decided instead of my pockets to try pins with her gerber prefolds and receiving blankets... She kept two of my prefolds there along with pins and a pair of plastic pants. She kept up with the econobum prefold and plastic pants but lost my pins and DSQ prefold... I'm so angry but I'm trying to be nice since she's a friend but why lose my good prefold? She didn't even stick with it for more than a day probably bc of what she insisted on using...

Sorry for the rant but I just wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else...

Advertisement

Soph's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:11 PM   #2
jessi4jc
Registered Users
seller

No. Fortunately.
I even loan out to DS mamas and so far everyone has been very courteous to return them in good condition.

Ugh. Sorry that happened to you!

IDSO: Noro Sekku in Citrus, Lilac, Sand. Please.
jessi4jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:24 PM   #3
Gardyloo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone loan out diapers to convert a friend only to have them lost?

When I loan things out I always ask myself: Will I be okay if this dipe doesn't come back to me in the same condition it's in now (or at all)? If I can't answer 'yes' to that, then I don't loan the item. I know it's hard, but things happen. I'm sure your friend didn't do it on purpose. And anyway, how do you lose a diaper? It'll probably turn up eventually.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:09 AM   #4
poppan
Registered Users
seller

That would make me mad, although I would try to understand because I've been in a sleep deprived state and done dumb things. But, how do you lose a diaper??
Old 05-26-2011, 12:19 AM   #5
eahcapemay
Registered Users
seller
seller

A friend of mine lost an entire bag of her sister-in-laws MEOS. They were thrown out by the night cleaning crew at my friends day care. She bought her SIL a completly new set. How did your friend lose a prefold in her house? Are you sure her kid didn't poop on it and then she got grossed out and threw it away? Having 11 prefolds would annoy me to no end.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:21 AM   #6
PigletGeniesse
Registered Users
seller

How did she lose it? I wouldn't believe that
PigletGeniesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:29 AM   #7
Beerbelly
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by eahcapemay
How did your friend lose a prefold in her house? Are you sure her kid didn't poop on it and then she got grossed out and threw it out?.
I so totally thought this too!!
Beerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:42 AM   #8
nrgburst
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I lost an almost new blueberry minky in a horribly crowded bathroom. Baby screamed through the entire change and the ground was filthy but there was no place next to the change "table" (one of those swing down plastic things) to put anything. I still have no idea how I lost it though- I still have all my wetbags.
Sucks that your friend hasn't offered to replace it. How rude! I've lent pocket diapers to friends and converted them (yay!) but I lend ones that can be replaced, not my GMs or anything.

ISO/IHA here
nrgburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:57 AM   #9
silvermaille
Registered Users
seller

I never loan anything out unless I'm okay with not getting it back. This includes money. Did said mama offer to replace the items? If not, maybe she's not such a good friend.
silvermaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:38 AM   #10
Soph's Mom
Registered Users

Thanks everyone... I doubt this mama was really that sleep deprived anymore... Her dd is almost 9 months old, sleeps through the night, and they nap together during the day.

I couldnt imagine how you would lose a diaper either but I have been to their house a few times and seen some reasons it could... There have been piles of laundry two rooms that would both hide a twin size bed completely and it's just for three people, and that's the organized sections... Oh well.

I thought about the poop too but it looked like her burp cloths got clean so I dunno.

Thanks for all your responses... I just wanted to tell some people that would understand!
Soph's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote