Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-27-2011, 01:04 PM   #1
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Manufacturer's Guarantee - is it worth it?

Has anyone dealt with the warranty on bumGenius and did it work out?

I have an aplix diaper where the place where the aplix is sewn to the tab has gotten a hole. And another one where one of the sizing snaps broke. I looked at the warranty thing and they say that I have to mail the diaper back to the retailer (I have no clue if I bought from diapers.com or cottonbabies.com) and then they will decide if I abused the diaper or if it falls under warranty.

Would it just be easier to send it in for a repair?

The whole process sounds painful. which, I'm sure it's supposed to sound painful, to make it where I don't want to do it. I don't have old invoice statements or even order confirmation emails. but I have bank records of purchases...

If anyone has any experience and advice, please lemme know!

Advertisement

Old 05-27-2011, 09:23 PM   #2
ds1997
Registered Users
Formerly: lilac0422
seller
seller

Re: Manufacturer's Guarantee - is it worth it?

Cottonbabies is the easiest company ever to deal with. If the diaper is less than a year old and you still have the receipt, you shouldn't have any issue with getting it replaced. You could email them and ask about your specific situation. Otherwise, you just fill out the RMA request, pack up the diaper and ship it to them. It is actually very easy.
ds1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:44 PM   #3
nebmama
Registered Users

My Mood:

It's really not that difficult to return to Cotton Babies. I think the worst part is having to pay return shipping on a defective item.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:10 PM   #4
courtneyo_5
Registered Users
seller

cotton babies is very easy to work with. I didn't have my reciept but I emailed the store I bought it from and they were able to find it and send me an email. When ever have I sent diapers to cotton babies they send me back a new one. So I do think it's worth it. You do have to pay shipping to them but it shouldn't be too much.

Also if you are concerned about if it will fall under the warrenty you could just call them and describe the diaper to customer service. They have great service!

Good luck!
courtneyo_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:21 PM   #5
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i have had to mail diapers back to cotton babies before and it was a breeze. you just fill in a form (the RMA) and then wait for their email (comes right away). mail the diaper back and wait for it to come back fixed, or a new one. usually a couple of weeks. cotton babies is great : )
Old 05-28-2011, 10:08 AM   #6
lizsky
Registered Users
seller

I generally hate returning things and dealing with shipping and trekking over to the post office etc...but I did have a good experience returning items to cottonbabies. They sent me new diapers. If you can track down a receipt I think its definitely worth trying.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:48 PM   #7
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

They are very easy to work with. They replaced many of my diapers that had the front strip of loop unravel past the stitching until it wasn't attached anymore.

Just get an RMA number and send them in! m If you aren't sure that the problems you are having are covered under the warranty, I would email them or give them a call. They are very helpful!
Old 05-29-2011, 12:49 PM   #8
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Thanks so much - I'll give them a call since I know I don't have the receipt!
Old 05-29-2011, 12:56 PM   #9
mimieliza
Registered Users

Well, this was a long time ago, but I am a huge fan of Cottonbabies' customer service. Before my DD (now 4.5) was born, I bought a dozen BGOS 1.0 seconds. Those diapers delaminated after about 4 months of use. This was a known problem with those diapers, and they had already introduced the 2.0s that used a different fabric and did not delaminate. But I figured since I had purchased them as seconds that I was out of luck. I emailed anyway, just to express how disappointed I was with the 1.0s. They wrote back right away and said they would replace them with NEW 2.0s. So I ended up with a dozen perfect new diapers, which I am still using for my second child.
mimieliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 03:04 PM   #10
MamatoGreta
Registered Users
seller

I've had nothing but wonderful customer service from cottonbabies, totally worth dealing with.

I've made over $250 on Swagbucks! sign up and you can too!
MamatoGreta is offline   Reply With Quote