Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-27-2011, 02:17 PM   #1
abh413
Registered Users

My Mood:
Question Need some Overnight Dipe help

I'm stuck. I've tried everything I can think of but I haven't been able to solve my overnight leaking dilemma. My DD is 19 mo old and a stomach sleeper. She sleeps about 12 hours. She's also long & lean with a tiny waist for her age. The leaks are coming from volume of liquid not fit.

We have tried... BG 3.0/4.0 OS double stuffed... pf wrapped around microfiber insert(s) in a Flip &/or Econobum cover... pf w/ snappi in wool longie... Flip organic pf wrapped around a microfiber insert(s)... I've also tried using a longie over the Flip/Econobum/BG. I can only stuff so much in her dipe because it overwhelms her.

There has to be an answer out there. Do I need hemp inserts? What soaks up the most liquid?

Any help will be graciously accepted. TIA!

Advertisement

abh413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:29 PM   #2
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Need some Overnight Dipe help

We have 3 diapers that we use for night time that work for us, they are:

SoftBums Omni either with a Super drytouch pod snapped on top or with a bamboo pod and bamboo mini pod stuffed inside the pocket

Thirsties Duo Fab Fitted diaper with a large thirsties hemp insert stuffed inside under a duo wrap

Drybees Night Time Fleece pocket diaper stuffed with a microfiber insert and either a hemp or bamboo insert.
m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:40 PM   #3
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I've been there! After months of various makeshift solutions, we finally found a perfect night combo (one that doesn't result in pumpkin-butt):
SBish sized fitteds with both the snap-in and spare doubler, under wool longies or a soaker (depending on the weather).

We also try to potty DD before we put her to bed - if you aren't there yet, try putting bedtime right after the last typical wet diaper of the night.

I just got a custom bamboo/Zorb/Zorb/hemp insert from Tiny Tukus that I'm hoping will also work so we can have a pocket night option. Prepping it now.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:42 PM   #4
CarrieB
Registered Users
seller

I have the same problem. I double stuff my pockets plus add a small hemp doubler. Then i lay a doubler over the front of the dipe after it is snapped on and cover with a wool or fleece diaper cover. The doublers on the outside of the diaper really catch the leaks! Most mornings the 'outside' doubler is soaked but the cover keeps it from leaking to her clothes. I have tried just the cover over the pocket but I still got leaks.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:14 PM   #5
megenic
Registered Users
seller

You should absolutely try a hemp doubler! I have always used for both my DDs a Happy Heiny's stuffed with the insert that comes with them and an AMP 3-layer hemp doubler. In 3.5 years I"ve never had an overnight leak. Both are tummy sleepers too, and DD2 is a tiny, skinny girl. I think the HH work so well because they have more coverage and go up higher on the stomach. That's the only thing I can think of because other pockets (BG, FB, etc) all leak overnight, but the HH are failproof for us.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:19 PM   #6
MamaCrunch
Registered Users

What has worked best for me are (shockingly) Flats! For my heavy wetter son, I took a preemie prefold and wrapped it around a MF doubler and folded it into the flat (origami fold) with an econobum cover and I was shocked at how dry he was when he woke up!
MamaCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 05:37 PM   #7
TenaciousMama
Registered Users

Bamboo fitteds with a cover, or bamboo doublers stuffed into a FB sized pocket works for us every time. I have swaddlebees for my bamboo.
TenaciousMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:52 PM   #8
Mum2Gaby&Emersyn
Registered Users

My Mood:

took me over 2 months to find it, but the right combo for us (well, for DD) is a prefold! I use a trifolded prefold, with 2 bamboo boosters & a Bummis Super Brite wrap. I really like the Bummis SB wrap because it has leg gussets. My DD is a really heavy wetter, and she can go 14 hours & a during-the-night bottle & not have leaks the next morning
Co-owner of 'Mums & Bums' - coming soon!
Mum2Gaby&Emersyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:36 PM   #9
BreakDanzer
Banned
seller

We use BG 4.0 with the microfiber insert and 2 Hemp Babies inserts. DD sleeps 14+ hours...an has leaked maybe once or twice.
BreakDanzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:24 PM   #10
abh413
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thank you for the advice! I'm going to start researching hemp & bamboo. I desperately need a solution.
abh413 is offline   Reply With Quote