Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-28-2011, 12:53 PM   #1
daisymomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Clothing away from home overnight

Hubby and I are making another medical trip for Josh on Monday will be gone overnight.I am thinking of trying cloth but then I change my mind I do cloth all the time at home but I am nervous now.Someone told me to get some essential oil and put a few drops in the wetbag.I have a medium bummis wetbag which I know could fit enough diapers over night and a small one I can keep in diaper bag.How many diapers should I take with .We will leave around 3 pm on Monday and be gone til Tuesday evening sometime.

Advertisement

Old 05-28-2011, 04:37 PM   #2
amberdawn723
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Clothing away from home overnight

I'd say at least 12 for Tuesday and maybe 6 for Monday...and 2 nighttime diapers. You can put some oil on the fabric tag inside the wetbag (if it has one) or just drop a few in it. It will help the smell a little, but really just keeping it closed works just fine. I take my DD to my mom's for the day frequently. I just make sure to take my all day wetbag. I have ran out of dipes before and had to make a trip home to get more....so, I highly recommend taking more than you think you'll need just in case.
Gwendolyn (due 7-6-15)
amberdawn723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 05:00 PM   #3
momma2Mimi07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How many diapers do you typically use a day? and then I would add a few extra You can never have too many but you can definitely have too few
Expecting Sweet Baby#3 in Early May
momma2Mimi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:02 PM   #4
thermophile
Registered Users

Yup how many you use during the day plus 2-3. I just sprinkle some baking soda in the bag for smells. Im not a fragrance person even if it's just tto.
thermophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:08 PM   #5
daisymomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yeah I was wondering if that might be a problem alot of fragrances give me a headache so I might just try the baking soda idea
Old 05-28-2011, 11:34 PM   #6
Mum2Gaby&Emersyn
Registered Users

My Mood:

i went away for a couple of days and just sprinkled baking soda in the bottom of the bag. I took what I'd usually use and added an extra three. I figured that if I really got caught out, I COULD buy disposables if I really needed to
Co-owner of 'Mums & Bums' - coming soon!
Mum2Gaby&Emersyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 06:37 AM   #7
onegratefulmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't think in that time frame much stink will happen but you could also try spraying bac out onto them I use a 50/50 mix bac out to water and spray each dipe right now we are gone for 4 days I'm rinsing each dipe/fleece liner ringing dry spraying with bac out and hanging to dry. No stink though my LO is just in the starting solids phase. Honestly with what you are going to deal with I'd keep it simple and stress free to be as focused on your little one as you can so whatever will be easiest I'd say go for that. I hope all goes well!
onegratefulmama is offline   Reply With Quote