Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-28-2011, 02:38 PM   #1
WldHrtsCntBbroke
Registered Users
seller

How many wool or fleece soakers do I need??

I've decided to switch to either wool soakers or fleece soakers. I already have some wool soakers but my question is (which I haven't been able to find an answer to) is: how many do I need to have of each size? I know that the answer will differ for whether or not it's fleece or wool but I'd really like to know the difference between how many I would need so I can pick either fleece or wool or maybe both. I need some informative details. Anyways thanks in advance!!

Advertisement

WldHrtsCntBbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 03:11 PM   #2
kbum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How many wool or fleece soakers do I need??

I'd say a good number is 4 in each size for wool anyway. that way you have 2 in use (to swap off each change and air out) and can have 2 washing/drying (being that they take a while to dry). might be more than you really *need* but this is really an ideal imo.

i don't know anything about fleece...sorry.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:15 PM   #3
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have 3 fleece covers for my toddler oh and 3 meaf pul covers which we rarely use. I like having 3 fleece because I like to throw them into our daily wash. I have some wool on it's way now. I think 2-3 woolies would do the job. Gives you a larger rotation and they just air out between uses. You would allways have a spare incate you need to wash and lanolize one.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 03:24 PM   #4
WldHrtsCntBbroke
Registered Users
seller

ok so I guess the use is about 1-2 per day whether it's fleece or wool? One to wear and one to dry out per day? Can you reuse fleece between washes like you can wool?
Old 05-28-2011, 03:58 PM   #5
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WldHrtsCntBbroke View Post
ok so I guess the use is about 1-2 per day whether it's fleece or wool? One to wear and one to dry out per day? Can you reuse fleece between washes like you can wool?
We use one all day as long as it doesn't get real wet or any poo on it.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 04:38 PM   #6
luvnmyboys
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2muncher
seller
seller

My Mood:

i would have 4+ of fleece if you decide to go that route. i think fleece retains odor more and if it smells i won't re-use it, it goes into the wash. fleece has an easier wash routine though so you don't have to worry about waiting for it to dry as much. i'm not sure about wool. i have only tried once and will be trying again when my new stuff arrives.
luvnmyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:17 PM   #7
WldHrtsCntBbroke
Registered Users
seller

ok I'd really like to go w/ fleece b/c it's cheaper. I made my own wool soakers and would like to go that route but I'm currently on bed rest so I had to order some for my son in diapers. Anyways thanks for the advice! Anyone know how many wool soakers I would need if I continue in that direction? I'm also wondering how long they take to dry?
Old 05-29-2011, 12:18 AM   #8
thermophile
Registered Users

I started with all wool. I bought 6 sweaters from thrift stores for $35 and made 7 soakers and 6 longies. Ds has grown out of the soakers and is now in the longies. I got tired of handwashing so just got fleece for his new soakers. I have 7 soakers but only do laundry once a week. I use the fleece for night and rotate wool longies during the day. I only wash wool when it gets poopy but fleece gets washed every use. If I were using fleece during the day maybe it'd be ok to reuse once or twice but that would be pushing it.
thermophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 12:31 AM   #9
WldHrtsCntBbroke
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermophile View Post
I started with all wool. I bought 6 sweaters from thrift stores for $35 and made 7 soakers and 6 longies. Ds has grown out of the soakers and is now in the longies. I got tired of handwashing so just got fleece for his new soakers. I have 7 soakers but only do laundry once a week. I use the fleece for night and rotate wool longies during the day. I only wash wool when it gets poopy but fleece gets washed every use. If I were using fleece during the day maybe it'd be ok to reuse once or twice but that would be pushing it.
Thanks! Yeah I had upcycled some wool sweaters as well for DD on the way but I still need some for my son and our thrift store isn't putting out sweaters this time of year and also I can't go out anymore to get them (at least till this baby comes and i'm off bedrest) So I was going to just buy some at least for DS. That's good to know that it's about 1 fleece per day. That gives me an average for fleece.