Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-28-2011, 07:40 PM   #11
momofdestructobaby
Registered Users
seller

Re: Ear Piercing

*backs slowwwwwwly out of the thread, hoping no one ever knew she was here*

Advertisement

momofdestructobaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:47 PM   #12
mrspnut82
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well I think I missed the last thread so I'll throw my opinion out there. I got mine done when I was 9. I wanted it and had to take care of them myself.
I will do the same for my girls. That is all I will say.
mrspnut82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:39 PM   #13
CherryPie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My dd got hers done at 3.5 when she asked for it done and she could care for them.

GetSafeScents.com- New Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is out!
Join Scentsy | Scentsy Closeout Section
Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00)
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:52 PM   #14
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Her body, her choice.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:54 PM   #15
SillyEllie
Registered Users
Formerly: ardygurly
seller

My Mood:

really? this turned into a long debate? I wouldn't think it would have turned into "one of those" topics. Anyways I missed it and I think when they want to do it I'll take them. Getting your ears pierced doesn't hurt but then again, I'm not an infant so I don't know how it feels for an infant but I have seen one get her ears pierced and she screamed so why put your kid through that just because it's cute? I dunno, my opinion
Old 05-28-2011, 11:08 PM   #16
Beaners_Mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My daughter did it shortly before her 3rd birthday. She saw my friends daughter get it done in May & hers were pierced the following February...so for 9 months she talked about getting her ears pierced non-stop. So she saw several kids get their ears pierced and we had a few discussions about it. She helped clean them and had no issues with them. She cried for a couple of minutes after they did it, but once they were done she was so proud of herself. It's been almost 4 months and she still shows them off. Lol.

I think it all depends on the kid. My daughter has been talking for years. She's a very verbal kid and understands things very well. She knew it would hurt when she got her ears pierced, but she decided on when to do it and what earrings to get.

I can't say that I'd pierce my next (hypothetical) child's ears at 3. It all depends on the kid.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:17 PM   #17
jamieism
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Awwwwr - you mean I missed another exciting drama thread bc I figured the topic wasn't controversial enough??! Dagnabbit!

My ODD got hers done at 6.5 with my mom at a mall. She did one ear and had to walk around the mall for half an hour before she was ready to do the next one. It was her choice to do it, but - um, stoic she is not.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 05-28-2011, 11:18 PM   #18
NATTYBATSMOM
Registered Users

My Mood:

Well, unless my husband changes his mind about it, more than likely my girls are going to have to wait until they are 18. My husband has uber strict religious beliefs and does not believe in ear piercing or tattoos or any of that. Me, I have no issue with my girls getting them done if they want them done so long as they are willing to take care of them and if the holes close, they'll have to wait until they're older. And only one piercing until 18. I don't wear earrings anymore as I don't wear much in the way of jewelry period so I don't see either girl asking for earrings anytime soon.
My Blog: Sipping Life One Day at a Time
NATTYBATSMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:18 PM   #19
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCgirl_05 View Post
I think it was mostly no, wait until he/she is old enough to choose for him/herself

With a lot of "yes you should do it as an infant because they won't remember it"

along with a "still we shouldn't make rude comments on facebook about moms who choose to get their infant's ears pierced"

and some "piercing guns are nasty and disgusting and you should only get piercings done by someone who knows what they're doing, not by some teenager at the mall!"

You summed it up very nicely!!! Now I'm outta here because this topic has been beaten to death and makes me snooze now...zzzzz
Old 05-28-2011, 11:27 PM   #20
megkmc
Registered Users

My bro is a body piercer and won't pierce anyone who is not old enough to take care of them on there own, which in his opinion is closer to 10 than 3. So I don't have to worry about being the one to decide, it will be uncles problem