Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-28-2011, 08:23 PM   #1
Mom2ManyBlessings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Newborn Diaper System ~ WWYD

I need help picking out a diaper system for our newbie. I'm starting from scratch. I want to spend about $200 on a NB diapering system that will sell easily when I'm done with it. This is our last baby and so as everything is outgrown it will be sold to buy the next size up. I need something easy to get, and easy to use. I'm not against prefolds, but their resale value isn't great bc shipping them is so expensive! I am not a Mama who needs 36+ diapers for the newborn phase. I used about 18 for my last two DS's I used cloth for without a problem. I did have prefolds for backup but rarley ever used them. If this baby is a girl () it has to be girly!!!!! LoL

So what do you suggest? Whats got a good resell value? What's a good NB diapering system? Oh and the $200 is just for diapers, not accessories, that'll be a seperate budget.

And I would totally buy off FSOT to save a few $$ too!

Advertisement

Mom2ManyBlessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:31 PM   #2
Bethany1130
Registered Users
seller

Re: Newborn Diaper System ~ WWYD

I have heard good things about Nana's Bottoms. You can get a size small 6 pack (with bamboo soaker) for around $60 with her current coupon code. And you get to pick out all the colors!

ETA: I'm interested to hear others' responses as I am in the same exact position as you.
Bethany1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:42 PM   #3
rachelanne820
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had Nana's Bottoms - fitteds and AiOs and didn't really care for either. They both leaked and the fit was not that great. If you want to try some, they are on FSOT all the time.

My baby is 7 weeks and I used sposies mostly for the first few weeks. They are just so little - nothing really fits.

What I did have that I really liked were GMD Workhorse fitteds. They were small enough, easy to use and weren't bulky. I had trouble finding a good PUL cover, though. My favorite was wool over these.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:46 PM   #4
clopez
Registered Users
seller

We had about 20 prefolds, 10 fitteds (a mix of Kissaluvs Os and Mutts and Bum Genius Bamboos), 6 covers (thirsties and Bummis) and 10 AIOs (we had BumGenius XSs and Very Babys). I bought all of them here on FSOT. This way I had options for if we were going to be out for a long time and I wanted ease of use and stay dry, or if we were just around the house. The AIOs were great for outings because they were absorbant and trim (so he fit in his car seat well!) and I could put a bunch in my diaper bag and not feel like I was carrying around the whole nursery!
clopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:56 PM   #5
Snickers83
Registered Users

I'm in the process of building a nb stash for the first time & have some stuff but I need more. I would love to hear what the experienced people have to say!
Snickers83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:02 PM   #6
nebmama
Registered Users

My Mood:

We use Thirsties Fab Fitteds and Thirsties covers and Bumgenius XS AIOs. I absolutely LOVE the TFFs and covers! They fit so well and I can tell they will fit her for awhile. We don't have leaks either! The BG are okay but seem to wick at the outside tag and they are pretty small.

I don't anticipate having any problems selling our NB diapers as they are well known, popular diapers and the shipping costs definitely wouldn't be as high as with prefolds.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:06 PM   #7
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

Since you need to be able to resell quickly and recoup your money to size up, I would go with fitteds and PUL covers. I ordered a dozen XS newborn fitteds from Diaper Drive Thru and they are so well made, adorable and she has great prints. You can get a 12 pack for $95. She is awesome to work with, too.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:06 PM   #8
tamesis
Registered Users
seller

I absolutely LOVED my Kissaluvs, with a Prorap cover. Fit great on my 7.6lber, until she was about 14lbs.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:14 AM   #9
mlhmrsdds
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Fuzzibunz XS or Bumgenius XS those always sold quickly for me on FSOT. Thirsties Duo work really well too and the Happy Heiny Minis are really nice (just be sure you full prep the hemp layer in the Duo) Just buy the types of diapers you like for your other kids, chances are good you'll like them for a newbie too! Oh and (I'm making that stand for girly dust)
Old 05-29-2011, 06:24 AM   #10
mfergy0625
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was able to sell my xs Thirsties covers and my xs BG AIOs on FSOT within the day that I posted them. I think as long as you keep good care of you CDs and list them at a good price, you will sell them quickly. I loved having AIOs for the NB stage for nights and going out. I would buy at least 6 of them to have just for those reasons. Prefolds and covers were great for all other times for my DS.