Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-04-2011, 06:14 PM   #121
PrissyMaesMama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Fabulous February Weekly Chat | 5/29 - 6/4

I'm tired too! Busy day today.. we had a bridal brunch this morning and then I went to an old friend's baby shower today. We haven't told everyone yet just immediate family and our closest of friends, so it was really hard to go to a shower today and talk "baby" for 3 hours and not say anything. So many times I almost said, "Yea, with this one...." , and I'd have to catch myself. Pretty sure it's bad etiquette to announce your pregnancy at someone else's shower hahahahaha! Oh and answer me this... why at only 4.5 weeks pregnant do I look like I did at 12 weeks last time? ahhhH!

Advertisement

Old 06-04-2011, 09:44 PM   #122
jeddings
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8nut View Post
It's scheduled for the morning before we leave for Iceland, so it will be an exciting day all around Although I am a little nervous that something won't be ok and I'll have to fly off for vacation with bad (or uncertain) news.
Wow Iceland, cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BldrArch View Post
I'm off to a BBQ this eve where I'm sure my friends will wonder why I'm not drinking. We've already had one friend guess that I was which I adamantly denied and told him he'd get the memo if I was. Sigh.
You need to get some nonalcoholic beer and fake it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatMama1990 View Post
We have a doll Ergo for DD... It matches mine; we went to a convention with DH wearing DD in the Ergo (Heartrose - BRIGHT pink) and the lady at the Ergo booth gave us the doll carrier because my DH was wearing pink, haha! She's a little young for it right now, but we may save it for her 2nd birthday.
Aww that's sweet! We have the same doll ergo carrier too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickel+2 View Post
sara - so cute!

Charlotte - my DS was 17 months old when Fox was born. He doesn't remember being an only child. No issues what so ever. And Fox will be 18-19 months when this one is born. I love having them close together. I think 18 months is the best age gap.
Wow those babies are close!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetbaby View Post
Nothing here really. Rainy, rainy, rainy, here. Ugh. I'd love the rain if I could just stay in bed with a book and tea. . .but toddlers aren't very into that idea. LOL Gotta find something to do with ds. . .something physical so he'll nap!
ITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaCarina View Post
I way just in bed for like two hours. I am so tired! And my kids played very nicely with each other and let mommy rest
Glad you got some rest. I love when I can do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrissyMaesMama View Post
Oh and answer me this... why at only 4.5 weeks pregnant do I look like I did at 12 weeks last time? ahhhH!
I've heard the more you have the earlier you show.

AFM-I'm leaving on Monday for Maryland. I'm so excited!!! My youngest DD 21 months is teething and oh my gosh I've never seen a baby in so much pain. She is barely eating a thing crying and whining all day and isn't sleeping so great at night either. I'm doing the motrin and tylenol and it doesn't even seem to help. I'm wondering if I hsould get her into be seen but I don't know if they can do anything for her.
jeddings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:56 PM   #123
PrissyMaesMama
Registered Users
seller

[/QUOTE]

AFM-I'm leaving on Monday for Maryland. I'm so excited!!! My youngest DD 21 months is teething and oh my gosh I've never seen a baby in so much pain. She is barely eating a thing crying and whining all day and isn't sleeping so great at night either. I'm doing the motrin and tylenol and it doesn't even seem to help. I'm wondering if I hsould get her into be seen but I don't know if they can do anything for her.[/QUOTE]

I've heard that too, but this is only #2 for me. I guess I'm just shocked, but also very happy. I mean, who doesn't love a bump? I am so sorry that your DD is in so much pain. Poor baby! Hope she feels better soon!
Old 06-04-2011, 11:03 PM   #124
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:

Our local consignment store has a new items area and they sell the doll ergos there. I'm saving up my credit to "buy" Felicity one for her birthday in Sept. They only have the grey with white print one so I'm going to ask the owner if she is willing to request other prints so I can get Felicity a matching one to the one I have. I can't wait. She sees the posters advertising them every time we're in the store and she points it out every time! My other goal is to make her a baby waldorf doll to go in it. I have been wanting to make her one for a while, even have a book, and keep putting it off. Don't know why I'm nervous about it. ???
zacifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:15 AM   #125
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetbaby View Post
Marie-- that's so stressful. I had spotting on and off for about a week and a half after my BFP. I'm still hoping everything is okay, but it seems to be. I know there are lots of mamas who just have spotting--even for a whole pg-- and things are fine. Hope this is the case for you and that you can enjoy and not worry too much
Thanks. I know its normal for SOME women to spot during pregnancy, but, for me, it has never been a good thing. With my first pregnancy I lost the baby within 24 hours of the first spot of pink. With my second (DS) I spotted at 13 weeks and discovered that I had a couple of small blood clots in the placenta and placenta previa and was on bed-rest for 6 weeks. With my last pregnancy I spotted at 8 weeks and everything seemed fine on u/s, but baby was dying. I spotted for about a week and baby died toward the end of it. Then I didn't bleed at all for 3 weeks and went to the doc for my regular 10-12 week ultrasound and baby was gone and had stopped developing just a few days after I was there. I carried until 15 weeks and started spotting again about 48 hours before I miscarried. So, bleeding during pregnancy totally freaks me out and even if everything is okay this time, its still going to freak me out every time I see it! What is comforting about it this time is that it is not associated with any pain (at least not any more pain than is normal in early pregnancy cramping) and that it is NOT getting darker at all. Even when it comes and goes, when it comes back it is the same as it was previously. So, as long as it stays like that, I will probably avoid going insane. Either way, I'll keep you gals posted. It just scares me because I spotted last time and baby died and I had no idea baby had died until I went in for my ultrasound so it just scares me that this little one has stopped developing and I don't know it yet. With the last one I even kept my pregnancy symptoms until around the day I miscarried (so 5 weeks after baby stopped growing). So, I just have to try to be relaxed and hope for the best (and try to talk Nurse Deutch into harassing a doc into seeing me sooner )

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaCarina View Post
I way just in bed for like two hours. I am so tired! And my kids played very nicely with each other and let mommy rest
Can you train my kid to entertain himself while I rest on the couch? I only have one now, so I don't get a break. I'm looking forward to having two for the "go entertain each other for a bit" aspect----although, if this one is a boy I'm sure every stick of furniture in my house will be in tatters and there will be dirty socks covering every surface of my house...men just can't help it, I think
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:43 AM   #126
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

[QUOTE=jeddings;13077430
[/QUOTE]

TRUE STORY!!!

Here's my early shots:

9 weeks with my son in 2008---

9 weeks with Caleb (the baby I lost in April 2011)---

Baby only developed to 10 weeks with my last pregnancy, so I don't figure I"ll get that much bigger this time around, but I start showing EARLY.

And people like to tell me its ALL bloat this early in the game...and I just laugh---once your body has done this it goes "INCOMING! Make room! She's got another giant baby on the way, MAKE ROOM DANGIT!"
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:46 AM   #127
BldrArch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
TRUE STORY!!!

Here's my early shots:

9 weeks with my son in 2008---

9 weeks with Caleb (the baby I lost in April 2011)---

Baby only developed to 10 weeks with my last pregnancy, so I don't figure I"ll get that much bigger this time around, but I start showing EARLY.

And people like to tell me its ALL bloat this early in the game...and I just laugh---once your body has done this it goes "INCOMING! Make room! She's got another giant baby on the way, MAKE ROOM DANGIT!"
So sweet! If I'm going to start showing like that at 9 weeks, I don't think I can keep it a secret until the second tri....which means we might have to announce it at DD's bday party the beginning of July !

Red Dog | Studio

Cloth Diapers, Layette Sets, Children's wares and more. Handcrafted in Boulder, CO
Etsy | Free US Shipping
Please take my diapering cost survey!
BldrArch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:55 AM   #128
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BldrArch View Post
So sweet! If I'm going to start showing like that at 9 weeks, I don't think I can keep it a secret until the second tri....which means we might have to announce it at DD's bday party the beginning of July !
Yeah, that's the other reason why I don't bother not telling, haha. I show early (my 9 week with my son is definitely a little "showing" compared to the pre-pregnancy. By 12 weeks there was no denying I was knocked up with him.

However, my son was almost 10lbs at birth and CONSTANTLY measured 2-3 weeks over via ultrasound, (even though I knew conception date and he was 4 days over, so his due date was probably pretty close to right!), so having a giant baby stretches you out more and makes you get bigger faster anyway, multiply that by 2 for future pregnancies and there ya go

Maybe you won't s how quite that fast

Old 06-05-2011, 10:01 AM   #129
BldrArch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

10lbs...impressive. Julia was a mere 6lb6oz...

I started the new weekly thread...because I'm a thread hog.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1222506

Someone else will have to do it next week.

Red Dog | Studio

Cloth Diapers, Layette Sets, Children's wares and more. Handcrafted in Boulder, CO
Etsy | Free US Shipping
Please take my diapering cost survey!
BldrArch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:50 AM   #130
MamaCarina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
Yeah, that's the other reason why I don't bother not telling, haha. I show early (my 9 week with my son is definitely a little "showing" compared to the pre-pregnancy. By 12 weeks there was no denying I was knocked up with him.

However, my son was almost 10lbs at birth and CONSTANTLY measured 2-3 weeks over via ultrasound, (even though I knew conception date and he was 4 days over, so his due date was probably pretty close to right!), so having a giant baby stretches you out more and makes you get bigger faster anyway, multiply that by 2 for future pregnancies and there ya go

Maybe you won't s how quite that fast
I had a giant too My son was 11lbs, and I am sure I am going to show pretty soon this time.
MamaCarina is offline   Reply With Quote